Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
8800GTX_768_PCIe_WC.jpg

8800GTX_768_PCIe_WC_Side.jpg

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
OMG I want...

So for 2 in SLI, would it be best to make the plumbing so the cards are in series or tee off the plumbing so they are in parallel ?
I guess if they were in series the second one would be already getting hot water from the first....but in parallel each card would only get half as much flow...

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Chuck I will mail your four of them in case you want to experiment.

You must run and chase the UPS/Fed-Ex truck each and every time it drives by your house though, I told the driver only to give you the box if you catch him @ 30 mph.

Good luck!

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Only takes up a single slot, i haven't checked out other watercooling editions but are they the same way? Regardless its nice for more space/pci cards

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
No automated gun turrets?

Team fortress style!

No turrets, just pepper maze and stun guns.

Only takes up a single slot, i haven't checked out other watercooling editions but are they the same way? Regardless its nice for more space/pci cards

Well, the water cooled edition will take up no more that 2 slots as well as the air cooled I hope. Otherwise I would have no room for a sound card.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
No automated gun turrets?

Team fortress style!

No turrets, just pepper maze and stun guns.

Well, the water cooled edition will take up no more that 2 slots as well as the air cooled I hope. Otherwise I would have no room for a sound card.

Its clearly a single slot card, it even only has 1 screw not two like normal dual slot coolers have...

the air one for sure takes up two slots and no more

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
There's 3 versions available on zipzoomfly, the only difference is the size of the waterblock connectors
1/4 inch, 3/8 inch and 1/2 inch.

Which would be the one to go for, assuming I'm building a cooling system from scratch so have no existing stuff to worry about? Whats the standard size for most water pumps/radiators/tanks etc?

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
The best size is 1/2 inch, you get the most flow with little restriction although i think that is more preferable to cpus rather than gpu's...

there really isn't a "standard" per say its just you get which size you want between tubing, pump and water block

although most prebuilt kits are 1/4 or 3/8

TRENDING THREADS