Asus mid tower cases (not vento)

milnyckyj

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I need to buy an atx mid tower case in the near future with a budget of no more than $100 with psu...My first though was to get an Antec Sonata II, which seems like a safe bet especially since they have a $40 rebate now.

I was browsing newegg this morning and came across these cases:
Asus TA-210
Asus TA-211 White
I really like the look of them and the size is about what I need. The impression that I get from reviews however, is that the included psu sucks and the build quality isn't that solid.

Any thoughts on these or reccomendations on other cases? I don't need anything super flashy and I like all black cases. I've also already looked at some of the basic lian li cases, I like them, but they're out of budget for me.

milnyckyj

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I think I'm gonna stick with the Antec Sonata II. While those asus cases look cool in theory, I probably won't mind the extra size of the sonata and it seems to be very well reviewed (except for that psu reliability issue).

Another thought would be getting a CoolerMaster Centurian and an ala carte PSU. The Sonata only comes with one fan, while the Centurian comes with two, and I can always get some sound absorbing foam to make it quieter if need be.