Can I change location that documents are synced to?

February 17, 2005 2:12:30 PM

I just bought a Ipaq 4700 and love it except when syncing I often have
a large number of documents that almost fill up the memory. I have a
1 gig card installed though. Is it possible for me to change the
default sync location so that when I do a sync with the PC any files
that are to be synced are put into a location on the expansion card
instead?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:13:04 PM

"MarkW" <markwco(removenospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just bought a Ipaq 4700 and love it except when syncing I often have
> a large number of documents that almost fill up the memory. I have a
> 1 gig card installed though. Is it possible for me to change the
> default sync location so that when I do a sync with the PC any files
> that are to be synced are put into a location on the expansion card
> instead?

Not with the default software, no.

But there are alternatives, such as Mobsync, that are free and do quite
well - you simply add the job, fill in PC directory and PPC directory
(sdcard\path), tell it what files to sync (typically *.*), and optionally
whether to move deleted files somewhere or delete them . There are also
paid alternatives.

For mobsync
http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=985

For paid

http://www.handango.com and search for Sync. For the record, MightySync
looks good, and is only $5.95, but I have not used it personally.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:08:12 PM

Mark,

I have a 4150HP. Before I had a card anything synched obviously went
straight to the PPC's memory. Once I bought a car when I synch through the
cradle I get a window open on my PC asking me where to synch to, there are
three options, Main memory, Storage Card or Ipaq file store........don't
know how I did it (if I actually did anything at all!), just letting you
know it IS possible............

DanStanDaMan

!