BlackBerry's New Z10 Smartphone to Hit UK First

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like blackberry needs to adopt android or windows phone or something. With their new phones and such they are essentially betting the future of their company on an OS that is one of the smallest, has the fewest apps, and has no reputation at all, which to me does not sound economically viable. Just my two cents.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Well apparently the advertising blitz is on... 5 articles on CNN.com's front page. I think they've got an uphill battle, but more competition is always better for consumers so I wish them luck.

Sorry Blackberry, but the choice is switch to Android or die. An OS survives when it has a critical mass of apps that people want, and you don't have that anymore. Nobody's making apps for your OS anymore either. You can either be like Nokia or go straight out of business.

magic_28

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
I am wondering how the following will affect me purchasing a BB:-

You need a blackberry ID before you can use their device. However, you have to agree to the EULA with the following before you can get the blackberry ID:

"4. Your Submission Of Content.

......With respect to any of Your Content that you make available for inclusion on publicly accessible web sites or other publicly accessible aspects of the BlackBerry ID Accessible Services, You grant RIM a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display Your Content as is reasonable in connection with the provision and management of any BlackBerry ID Accessible Services."

Status
Not open for further replies.