Can't make this a quick question Subject title...

I scan documents with a fast document scanner (50+ pages a min at
300/400dpi).

Occasionally I have to scan a picture or a color graft/spreadsheet/whatever.

My question:

What do you recommend to do a quick color scan at 600-1200dpi?

Letter size, (bigger would be nice, if the price wasn't way out of hand),
doesn't take forever to "warm up" or need to once set up.

Thanks,

DE

"DoubleEntendre" <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I scan documents with a fast document scanner (50+ pages a min at
> 300/400dpi).
>
> Occasionally I have to scan a picture or a color
graft/spreadsheet/whatever.

> My question:
>
> What do you recommend to do a quick color scan at 600-1200dpi?
>
> Letter size, (bigger would be nice, if the price wasn't way out of hand),
> doesn't take forever to "warm up" or need to once set up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DE

If you are not going to enlarge the picture, scan at the same 300/400 DPI,
If a color picture scan in color, if B&W picture scan in gray scale.

I can not say about scanning speed, but just about any of todays flatbed
scanners can scan at 600 to 1200 dpi.
Even the cheapest scanner will work well, but maybe slow.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com