Trend Micro Security

I got a free trial of this with my new laptop and am wondering if I
should purchase it at the end of the free period. Is there something
free that will do the job, is it worth buying Trend Micro? Anybody?
Thanks. Jean

Hi Jean,

Trend is a fairly decent product, certainly better than Norton or Mcafee in
my book. Well worth the price they ask. Free? Try AVG from www.grisoft.com

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Just Jean" <user42@webtv.net> wrote in message
>I got a free trial of this with my new laptop and am wondering if I
> should purchase it at the end of the free period. Is there something
> free that will do the job, is it worth buying Trend Micro? Anybody?
> Thanks. Jean

Thanks, both of you. I don't mind paying for it if it's worth the
money. I think I will go ahead and buy it. Nice to have feedback.
Thanks again. Jean

Free anti virus software is available from www.grisoft.com This is AVG anti
virus I use it regularly. You can use the free version (as I do) or purchase
the full version. As you are asking about 'free' products I would stick to
the 'free' version.
Another free version (this time a firewall) you may like to look at is Zone
Alarm (www.zonelabs.com) This is the most popular firewall. Windows XP does
have its own firewall but it only protects against incoming attacks. Zone
Alarm monitors both incoming and outgoing traffic. Well worth having anyway.
All you need do is disable the windows firewall and run zone alarm instead.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Just Jean wrote:
> I got a free trial of this with my new laptop and am wondering if I
> should purchase it at the end of the free period. Is there something
> free that will do the job, is it worth buying Trend Micro? Anybody?
> Thanks. Jean

Trend is one of the better ones.If your going to purchase one, NOD32
would be my choice. http://www.nod32.com/products/products.htm
Another free AV is Avast(I have used AVG and like avast better)
They have a good forum for support issues.
http://forum.avast.com/
See my site for more info.
-max

--
Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros

Thanks, Max. Saved your info to check out. Jean