Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I agree with Travis. The whole three parts think just seems like a shady way to charge people triple for what should be a single game. And I was reading on another site about how Blizzard is considering paid character customization in WoW. That sounds completely ridiculous for a game where you have to pay monthly fees, plus expansion packs. Throwing in some sort of microtransaction model is just a slap in the face. If I actually played WoW, I might actually care, but there does seem to be a disturbing change going on.

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
To be honest, when I first heard the announcement of Starcraft 2 splitting into a trilogy, I thought it was pretty ridiculous and just a money grabbing scheme (despite Pardo's justifications).

Like what Maxor127 said, it's a shady way to charge people triple for what should be a single game. It was also surprising that people actually cheered at Blizzcon for that decision (I thought it was a bit manipulative).

Sure, fans will still buy the series (most likely), but people like me, who aren't much a fan of the original Starcraft or who aren't RTS gamers, wouldn't want to shell out money three times in order to see the full single player content (unless it's priced "right," I'll pay for the trilogy if it totals under $70, but I won't even attempt it if I have to pay more than that to fully experience one game).

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I hate those 20 min missions!

"there is no cow level"

I love those 20 min missions!

I keep forgetting it's Activision Blizzard..

dieseldre2k

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
...and who says the lead producer didnt lie? there would basically be no way for us to know the truth. this stinks like activision to me too. anyway, i sure hope that they didnt have enough of the game completed to show u other missions and that the rest will be more interesting because i hated those 20 minute missions (especially when u failed in the last minute and had to do it all over again).

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
we dont know anything yet.. i dont really care if they break it to 3 part. but if they charge full price i will expect full price worth of gaming out of it. if not, then they will just lose business in 2nd and 3rd.

it does sound like activision at work.. but we should at least give the first one a try. the original starcraft + xpack also cost 100$. and they seems extend the game story pretty good.

blizzard have pretty good record with their product, we should all wait and see.