round cables

nitz11

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
hi, this may be a dumb question but i ordered a thermaltake shark full tower case an i am putting in all round cables, will the 18'' ones be long enough,thanks

Il_palazzo

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
If you take the time to properly fold the flat cables they can be less restrictive to case airflow then rounded cables. Its just some useful knowledge to have, plus it can save you some money in this build and future builds. Well until SATA optical drives become standered and the IED interface go's the way of the dodo.
http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=126

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Those are some clean cases. I still like the look of having the round cables snaking around the case. Something is to be said for simplicity, but sometimes simplicity is boring :wink:

I'd recommend waiting until you install the parts and then get an actual distance measurement. I've found that if I am estimating the distance, I always overestimate. Then I have to loop the round cable or replace with shorter cables. If you have a local PC shop then they are probably the best route for round cables. Almost as inexpensive as online retailers and no shipping costs.