Acer scanner

Hi there

I have an Acer scanner, model 6699-OUE, which worked ok under windows 98 and
windows 2000 (via USB). It came packaged with some software called
"Mirascan" and "Scanbutton".

Now I have a computer with windows XP pro, and the scanner will not work. Is
there anyone who knows anything about this type of scanner and how I can get
it to work with windows XP?

Thanks,
Peter

"Peter Kirk" <xdzgor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I have an Acer scanner, model 6699-OUE, which worked ok under windows 98
> and windows 2000 (via USB). It came packaged with some software called
> "Mirascan" and "Scanbutton".
>
> Now I have a computer with windows XP pro, and the scanner will not work.
> Is there anyone who knows anything about this type of scanner and how I
> can get it to work with windows XP?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

This is the place to download software for what used to be Acer Scanners,
now Benq.
http://www.benq.us/ServiceAndSupport/

I do not see your model number.

If you have the software for Windows 2000, you should be able to get this
scanner to work under Windows XP Pro.

The Windows 2000 software should work, When XP gives the warning about the
driver not being signed, Click "Continue Anyway".

If this is a SCSI scanner, XP needs the ASPI package from Adaptec.
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe

A lot of old scanners are supported in native Windows XP WIA.
Did you plug in the scanner and see if XP will load a limited driver?

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"Peter Kirk" <xdzgor@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi there
>
> I have an Acer scanner, model 6699-OUE, which worked ok under windows 98
> and windows 2000 (via USB). It came packaged with some software called
> "Mirascan" and "Scanbutton".
>
> Now I have a computer with windows XP pro, and the scanner will not work.
> Is there anyone who knows anything about this type of scanner and how I
> can get it to work with windows XP?

I found the latest driver, and it works fine....

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Peter Kirk" <xdzgor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there
>>
>> I have an Acer scanner, model 6699-OUE, which worked ok under windows 98
>> and windows 2000 (via USB). It came packaged with some software called
>> "Mirascan" and "Scanbutton".
>>
>> Now I have a computer with windows XP pro, and the scanner will not work.
>> Is there anyone who knows anything about this type of scanner and how I
>> can get it to work with windows XP?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>>
> This is the place to download software for what used to be Acer Scanners,
> now Benq.
> http://www.benq.us/ServiceAndSupport/
>
> I do not see your model number.
>
> If you have the software for Windows 2000, you should be able to get this
> scanner to work under Windows XP Pro.
>
> The Windows 2000 software should work, When XP gives the warning about the
> driver not being signed, Click "Continue Anyway".
>
> If this is a SCSI scanner, XP needs the ASPI package from Adaptec.
> http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe
>
> A lot of old scanners are supported in native Windows XP WIA.
> Did you plug in the scanner and see if XP will load a limited driver?

Hi, thanks for the comments. I did find a site which had "acer-benq" drivers
(I wondered what the benq meant). The drivers had the same name "mirascan"
as what I used before, so I just downloaded and installed that. Then XP
could detect my scanner and it ran fine (and I clicked "continue anyway" as
you wrote). You are right about the model number - I just wrote down what is
written on the back of the scanner itself, but during installation I noticed
that windows called it a 6BU (or something like that, I can't remember
exactly now).

Peter

cheers

Distinguished
May 27, 2005

Hi Peter

Peter Kirk wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have an Acer scanner, model 6699-OUE, which worked ok under windows 98 and
> windows 2000 (via USB). It came packaged with some software called
> "Mirascan" and "Scanbutton".
>
> Now I have a computer with windows XP pro, and the scanner will not work. Is
> there anyone who knows anything about this type of scanner and how I can get
> it to work with windows XP?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

i have the 620s model, i need a software or application to drive the
scanner or to use it
as my scanner did not come with CD.
what application did it come with, is there an alternative program to use?
am using XP

thanks!
--
----- [ CHEERS...... ] ------
*PS/2* \\\\\//

"Cheers" <moussa_el@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Peter
>
> Peter Kirk wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I have an Acer scanner, model 6699-OUE, which worked ok under windows 98
and
> > windows 2000 (via USB). It came packaged with some software called
> > "Mirascan" and "Scanbutton".
> >
> > Now I have a computer with windows XP pro, and the scanner will not
work. Is
> > there anyone who knows anything about this type of scanner and how I can
get
> > it to work with windows XP?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peter
> >

> i have the 620s model, i need a software or application to drive the
> scanner or to use it
> as my scanner did not come with CD.
> what application did it come with, is there an alternative program to use?
> am using XP
>
> thanks!
> --
> ----- [ CHEERS...... ] ------
> *PS/2* \\\\\//
> *I DID IT* | |
> *MY WAY* (.) (.)

Acer is now Benq.
Go to http://www.benq.us/ServiceAndSupport/
Under Download. Drivers/Firmware. Scanner. Get the correct 620, there are
several.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com