Good Hardware Sites with International Shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixe

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Do any of you know of some good online hardware shops that ship internationally? I live in South Africa and hardware is ridiculously expensive. For example, GPU's cost (literally) more than twice as much here than it does in America. The GTX 280 costs R9000 ($900) here. I hear that you can get it for as little as $360 in America. Instead of buying it here I want to order it from America (or wherever) cheaper, because I know it will end up 50% cheaper even with shipping, customs and tax added. Please help! I've looked through so many sites.

P.S. Please don't recommend Amazon.com ... 95% of their hardware only ships to US. Unless of course you can find a GTX 260/280 and a Intel i7 920 that ships internationally through Amazon..

theafricandude

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
*** ed up coz im ann enthusiast builder and modder and i have to order everytin from a european shop and get my sisters to bring it back here seriously things should change and sites shoudl give a bit more consideration for us little harware deprived people here in africa i just wish newegg could send internationaly but nooooo.

yen10

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I also had issues with shipping hardware while studying abroad. I came across a few international forwarding companies. After some research though, I went with Shipito . Their rates are well under those of any of the competitors I looked up. I provided the link above for anyone that wants to benefit from my research. I hope that, for future reference, this information was useful.

Amy_74

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

If you use a forwarding company to shop and ship you should choose one that's located in a state that doesn't have a sales tax. I use a company called AmForward (http://www.amforward.com), they are in Portland, OR, so you save money that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.