how to eliminate desktop image

HI,
by right clicking on the desktop, I go to the display properties. Then I
click the >desktop< tab. I see the list of the desktop images.
Between them is one > Internet explorer wallpaper< which I would like to
remove.
I went to the > Web< file, but it`s not there.
How do I do this ??
Thanks
Phil

OS windows XP with latest updates. IE 6 and outlook express.
4 answers Last reply
More about eliminate desktop image

    The "web" would be for an image that would be an active
    desktop item, you can have a window, say a stock quote or
    weather that is active in/on the desktop. Often when trying
    to set a new background wallpaper, you can click the "set as
    desktop item" by mistake.
    The Internet Explorer wallpaper is a file that was created
    when you right clicked on an image in a webpage and then
    click"set as background" to change the picture, either
    select another picture from any picture file on your
    computer or on-line, the current file will be over-written.
    If you want to save a current Internet Wallpaper, use right
    click, "save picture as" before you change the background.

    --
    Merry Christmas
    Have a Safe and Happy New Year
    "phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message
    | HI,
    | by right clicking on the desktop, I go to the display
    properties. Then I
    | click the >desktop< tab. I see the list of the desktop
    images.
    | Between them is one > Internet explorer wallpaper< which I
    would like to
    | remove.
    | I went to the > Web< file, but it`s not there.
    | How do I do this ??
    | Thanks
    | Phil
    |
    | OS windows XP with latest updates. IE 6 and outlook
    express.

    Hi Phil,

    The "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp" is coming from this folder:

    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

    Type the above path exactly in Start/Run.

    The "Application Data" folder is hidden (note this point in case you're going to access the folder via Windows Explorer)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message news:u%23yD6oP5EHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    HI,
    by right clicking on the desktop, I go to the display properties. Then I
    click the >desktop< tab. I see the list of the desktop images.
    Between them is one > Internet explorer wallpaper< which I would like to
    remove.
    I went to the > Web< file, but it`s not there.
    How do I do this ??
    Thanks
    Phil

    OS windows XP with latest updates. IE 6 and outlook express.

    Thank you sir. Worked just fine. Happy holidays . Phil
    Hi Phil,

    The "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp" is coming from this folder:

    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

    Most welcome, Phil. Happy holidays!

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "phil" <pvandermeeren0522xyz@yrogers.com> wrote in message news:uWYuywP5EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    Thank you sir. Worked just fine. Happy holidays . Phil
    Hi Phil,

    The "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp" is coming from this folder:

    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer Desktops Windows XP