e-mail sending and receiving problem

February 18, 2005 3:33:47 PM

I am using HP5550 so send /receive mail when connected via GPRS thru my
mobile.
If I use the e-mail client which comes with the inbuilt software, I cannot
download nor send e-mail. After the device apparently connects to the mail
server and after authentication logs in I get an error message saying
"messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device please check your
settings etc". If I try to use an alternative e-mail client, nPOP I can
successfully download my e-mail but when I try to send it, I get an error
message saying "address format error". I have checked the e-mail address
both of the receiving pocket PC and the e-mail addresses which I'm sending
to and there is nothing wrong with them. I am assuming that there is
something wrong with the Confederation in my pocket device and I would be
grateful for any assistance to troubleshoot and rectify the problem. Many
thanks in advance.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 3:00:51 PM

Hi there, I've got a T-Mobile Pocket PC version 2002. When I try and send
emails from my device I get the following message: "Messages cannot be
downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your
email service settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again."
It follows with a second message: "The message(s) could not be sent. Check
that you have network coverage and that your account is correct. Then try
sending again."

My setup:
- I have a T-Mobile smart card installed
- I can connect with the internet from the device: I can browse the web,
send/receive webmail (e.g., yahoo mail).
- I have set up service with my ISP (Comast) on my laptop and my Pocket PC.
- I can receive incoming emails to my pocket PC via my ISP service
- I can Active Sync between the Pocket PC and my laptop.

Please help me trouble shoot.

Thanks

news:o 0EactXFFHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!