p5w and voltage settings

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I had high temps so I changed my bios to c1e and speedstep to "auto" and lowered my overclock from 3.18ghz (which was not Prime95 stable on core 1) to 3.15 ghz which has prime95 running now with no errors.

I could not find in my bios a "tm" setting. It was also suggested to me the change my power scheme to "laptop/portable".

Anyway, my temps dropped by 10 degrees with Coretemp!!

So my question is this: Are my lower temps related to my power scheme? If I left my power scheme it at this setting and changed my BIOS back to "manual" c1e and speedsetp couldI increased my FSB so I could get 3.18 or 3.2ghz without my temps jumping up 10 degrees?

I know I could try this myself and see what happens, but it's late and I'm too tired to do that...I'm gonna play some Neverwinter Nights 2 a bit with prime95 running and see what happens.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
With dual instances of prime95 my load temps were 50 with the new settings, and 59-62 with the old settings. I thought setting the C1E and Speedstep to auto would have affected the voltage going to the core at load as well as at idle which would lower my temps. I guess I will settle for a 3.15ghz OC and good temps. :)

TRENDING THREADS