activation code

Weres my activation code and weres the junk mail folder

AMANDA HALLIDAY wrote:
> Weres my activation code and weres the junk mail folder

You're using outlook express and unless it's changed drastically since I
last used it (unlikely) there isn't a junk mail folder there.
If you used a webmail (like hotmail, msn, or gmail) e-mail address
you'll want to look within those places for the junk mail folder.
Neopets stuff tends to end up in mine.
If you used your blueyonder e-mail address it may be that the mail was
either blocked by your ISP (I haven't heard of blueyonder doing that,
but haven't paid much attention either) or it may have been
inadvertently deleted by you or a parent as looking like spam (junk
mail). You may try looking in the "Trash" folder within Outlook Express.
It may also be that your mail has been lost or not sent yet. There are
reports of the e-mail from neopets taking ages to actually be sent out.
Since you haven't much time invested in this pet yet it may be a good
idea to try to make another one and get another activation code, maybe
this one will actually come through.

Best of luck to you.
Still having fits with those "H's" aren't you? *grin* The "h" in where
is silent and not pronounced, but it really is there... the irony of an
American pointing out an "H" difficulty to a brit isn't missed by me...
at least it wasn't that horribly "U" that keeps popping up in
Englander's writings. ;)

This place though is completely unofficial and there are no members of
the neopet team that read/post/address problems here in an official
capacity. It's possible they lurk here, I'd be surprised if they didn't.
I'm also betting they have a 'hands-off' policy about poking up their
heads in here so while this forum (not really a forum in the online
sense, more in the classical sense of the word) may be a helpful for
many things, in this case we're really not going to be able to do
anything to actually resolve your problem. You might try mailing them
somehow from the website if you really really really want the first pet
you made because you happened to get the perfect name or something.
--
http://www.simplerich.com/blog

Read my book!!!

Rich G. wrote:
> AMANDA HALLIDAY wrote:
>> Weres my activation code and weres the junk mail folder
>>

> You're using outlook express and unless it's changed drastically
> since I last used it (unlikely) there isn't a junk mail folder there.

There is actually. It is called bulk mail.

Gareeth

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Rich G. [simplerich@gmail.com] said

> This place though is completely unofficial and there are no members of
> the neopet team that read/post/address problems here in an official
> capacity. It's possible they lurk here, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

You surprise me as I cannot imagine that anyone from TNT would be
remotely interested in a group frequented by no more than a couple of
dozen people who mainly ask just each other for quest help, post that
they have had a random event or give details of the latest avi, or say
that turmy is awake.

Oh, and there are those who just "whoop" in response to one or all the
the previously listed items.

Hardly riveting stuff. :)

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Rich G. [simplerich@gmail.com] said
>
>> This place though is completely unofficial and there are no members of
>> the neopet team that read/post/address problems here in an official
>> capacity. It's possible they lurk here, I'd be surprised if they didn't.
>
> You surprise me as I cannot imagine that anyone from TNT would be
> remotely interested in a group frequented by no more than a couple of
> dozen people who mainly ask just each other for quest help, post that
> they have had a random event or give details of the latest avi, or say
> that turmy is awake.
>
> Oh, and there are those who just "whoop" in response to one or all the
> the previously listed items.
>
> Hardly riveting stuff. :)

All that is true, but so are ideas about how to change the site to make it
better (in our humble opinions of course), website referals, how to avoid
banners, BattleDome ideas, sometimes our real lives etc. So it all depends
on what the reference point is for 'riveting'.

At least Neopia is ever changing; I tried to get into JK Rowlings (I
probably spelt it wrong) NG. The tiniest deviation from what had already
been decided was met with "Google the subject, don't bother us". Not very
friendly IMHO. And yet there were hundreds of posts a day. It kind of
scared me away from author or book series NGs.

But my first NG was for General Hospital; actually it was for ABC Soaps, and
I had to set up OE to separate GH from other soaps. Being that it was a
huge group with subdivisions, they posted Nettiquette guides and NG guides
almost weekly. And most people followed the 'rules' because otherwise there
would have been chaos. I think ABC has something like 4 soap operas, all
with fans who may or may not watch more than one soap on ABC. It was a good
experience for me as a newbie, and the flame wars there were usually about
characters rather than spelling or nettiquette.

Pokemon on the other hand has had it's ups and downs. Flame wars there are
usually cross posted, and troll related. But since I have nobody to battle
in person, I really like finding out that the "useless" moves I used to just
sell are very usefull in person to person battles. There are people who rip
apart the games to figure out the very complicated maths that go into the
stats and battles and such. I like reading that stuff, even though I can't
really help out, except to take it all in and repost every time someone asks
about it again. But in some ways it's just as static as the Harry Potter
group, since the games can only come out so fast. But I haven't seen anyone
answer "Google the subject" before in this NG. Flame them, ignore them,
sure.

Most of the TV series that I like are short lived. Apparently I have
strange tastes, and other people don't like the shows I do. :) But in my
experience TV show NGs tend to be more speculation about what will happen,
rehashing what has happened, and some on the actors lives and other works.

So where someone is coming from defines "riveting".

daramark

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Rich G. [simplerich@gmail.com] said
> >
> >> This place though is completely unofficial and there are no members of
> >> the neopet team that read/post/address problems here in an official
> >> capacity. It's possible they lurk here, I'd be surprised if they didn't.
> >
> > You surprise me as I cannot imagine that anyone from TNT would be
> > remotely interested in a group frequented by no more than a couple of
> > dozen people who mainly ask just each other for quest help, post that
> > they have had a random event or give details of the latest avi, or say
> > that turmy is awake.
> >
> > Oh, and there are those who just "whoop" in response to one or all the
> > the previously listed items.
> >
> > Hardly riveting stuff. :)
>
> All that is true, but so are ideas about how to change the site to make it
> better (in our humble opinions of course), website referals, how to avoid
> banners, BattleDome ideas, sometimes our real lives etc. So it all depends
> on what the reference point is for 'riveting'.

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek and I agree that riveting has
different meanings for different people, however I still don't think
that this newsgroup has much to hold the interest of TNT and there are
much better places for them to get information, the Neopet Boards being
a good example.

> At least Neopia is ever changing; I tried to get into JK Rowlings (I
> probably spelt it wrong) NG. The tiniest deviation from what had already
> been decided was met with "Google the subject, don't bother us". Not very
> friendly IMHO. And yet there were hundreds of posts a day. It kind of
> scared me away from author or book series NGs.

I am totally into Harry Potter at the moment so I'll have to pass by the
group and have a look see. :)

[snip]

> So where someone is coming from defines "riveting".

In my previous post I meant that I believed our posts were less than
riveting for TNT which is why I am skeptical that they lurk, and that
comment was not meant to be taking as having an greater meaning than
that - because it didn't. :)

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Les [les789@hotmail.com] said
> daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
> > "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Rich G. [simplerich@gmail.com] said

> > > You surprise me as I cannot imagine that anyone from TNT would be
> > > remotely interested in a group frequented by no more than a couple of
> > > dozen people who mainly ask just each other for quest help, post that
> > > they have had a random event or give details of the latest avi, or say
> > > that turmy is awake.
> > >
> > > Oh, and there are those who just "whoop" in response to one or all the
> > > the previously listed items.
> > >
> > > Hardly riveting stuff. :)
> >
> > All that is true, but so are ideas about how to change the site to make it
> > better (in our humble opinions of course), website referals, how to avoid
> > banners, BattleDome ideas, sometimes our real lives etc. So it all depends
> > on what the reference point is for 'riveting'.
>
> I had my tongue firmly in my cheek and I agree that riveting has
> different meanings for different people, however I still don't think
> that this newsgroup has much to hold the interest of TNT and there are
> much better places for them to get information, the Neopet Boards being
> a good example.
>
> > At least Neopia is ever changing; I tried to get into JK Rowlings (I
> > probably spelt it wrong) NG. The tiniest deviation from what had already
> > been decided was met with "Google the subject, don't bother us". Not very
> > friendly IMHO. And yet there were hundreds of posts a day. It kind of
> > scared me away from author or book series NGs.
>
> I am totally into Harry Potter at the moment so I'll have to pass by the
> group and have a look see. :)

Teehee, I've piled in defending Snape (who really is my favourite
character) and that doesn't seem to have gone down well....

<chuckle>

Some people just take fantasy far too seriously. Good job we all have
much more sense... :)

"AMANDA HALLIDAY" <ah012v4835@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Weres my activation code and weres the junk mail folder

Since you're using Outlook Express (same as I do), you'll need to check with
your ISP for the "junk mail" folder. Mind you, mine never showed up at all.
The Neopets Team finally activated my account manually.

Until it arrives or you get a different method of activation, just remember:
You can feed your pet through the Soup Kitchen and the Omelette (Jelly World
and its Giant Jelly do not exist, of course;), and earn NP through non-Flash
games sich as Cliffhanger.

Yours with a sigh,

The frustrated-in-memory,

Wanderer
wanderer@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne