How to get Canon LIDE 35 Scans into Paperport

JB

My objective is to push a button on the scanner and scan documents into
Paperport. Can this be done with this scanner?

I just tried it with an HP4600 and had endless problems....the scanner
button would only activate the HP software. Removing that software removes
the driver. If the Canon is likely to have the same problem I plan to take
it back unopened.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:33:22 -0700, "JB" <highlinex@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My objective is to push a button on the scanner and scan documents into
>Paperport. Can this be done with this scanner?
>
>I just tried it with an HP4600 and had endless problems....the scanner
>button would only activate the HP software. Removing that software removes
>the driver. If the Canon is likely to have the same problem I plan to take
>it back unopened.

Few scanners let you press a button and feed stuff straight into
PaperPort. This is because of the way that the scanner makers write
their software. They are all different which makes it hard for
ScanSoft to write software that can eat scans.

If the scanner software can scan to PDF, then you don't really need to
invoke PaperPort to do the scanning. Just press the button. Scan and
arrange for the scan to arrive in your PaperPort folders. then it will
be there when you open the software.

MK

I have 2 scanners, a Canon and an HP. On either of them I can set the
"copy" function to "print" to paper port. Works like a charm as long as you
only want an image.
Gord

<mgfv43@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:33:22 -0700, "JB" <highlinex@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>My objective is to push a button on the scanner and scan documents into
>>Paperport. Can this be done with this scanner?
>>
>>I just tried it with an HP4600 and had endless problems....the scanner
>>button would only activate the HP software. Removing that software
>>removes
>>the driver. If the Canon is likely to have the same problem I plan to
>>take
>>it back unopened.
>>

> Few scanners let you press a button and feed stuff straight into
> PaperPort. This is because of the way that the scanner makers write
> their software. They are all different which makes it hard for
> ScanSoft to write software that can eat scans.
>
> If the scanner software can scan to PDF, then you don't really need to
> invoke PaperPort to do the scanning. Just press the button. Scan and
> arrange for the scan to arrive in your PaperPort folders. then it will
> be there when you open the software.
>
> MK

JB

"Gord Schindler" <gords@idirect.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 scanners, a Canon and an HP. On either of them I can set the
>"copy" function to "print" to paper port. Works like a charm as long as
>you only want an image.
> Gord
>
> <mgfv43@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:33:22 -0700, "JB" <highlinex@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>My objective is to push a button on the scanner and scan documents into
>>>Paperport. Can this be done with this scanner?
>>>
>>>I just tried it with an HP4600 and had endless problems....the scanner
>>>button would only activate the HP software. Removing that software
>>>removes
>>>the driver. If the Canon is likely to have the same problem I plan to
>>>take
>>>it back unopened.
>>>

>> Few scanners let you press a button and feed stuff straight into
>> PaperPort. This is because of the way that the scanner makers write
>> their software. They are all different which makes it hard for
>> ScanSoft to write software that can eat scans.
>>
>> If the scanner software can scan to PDF, then you don't really need to
>> invoke PaperPort to do the scanning. Just press the button. Scan and
>> arrange for the scan to arrive in your PaperPort folders. then it will
>> be there when you open the software.
>>
>> MK<

I bought the LIDE 35.

Thankyou both for your inputs. But the software varies. I cannot import
pdf into Paperport I can import .tiff which is supported by the Canon.. I
can also scan with the Canon from within Paperport. and will try printing to
Paperport with the copy buttton.