Black Friday, Pre-Christmas, Post Christmas, Post New Year v

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I've used Newegg for years and they do offer specials around holidays at times.

I can't say for sure when the Best time is for purchase overall tho because I usually check prices on hardware every 1-2 days at multiple sites. I've done this for years, its become a habit so if I see a good deal I nab it if I have a user that might need it or if I think I'll need it for a build soon.

Since I do this so regularly I never paid much attention to exactly when the best times are because I am always checking.

Sorry this isn't what you hoped for. It only takes a few minutes a day to check prices on an item you're after tho and sometimes I've found great prices out of the blue at no special time so maybe thats the best advice I can give. Just keep an eye on things and when it does go on sale just go for it.

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Sorry this isn't what you hoped for. It only takes a few minutes a day to check prices on an item you're after tho and sometimes I've found great prices out of the blue at no special time so maybe thats the best advice I can give. Just keep an eye on things and when it does go on sale just go for it.

What he said.

Reminds me of a story in my local paper, where a guy near me got a 42" HDTV for £250 instead of £2500 because they priced it wrong!

TekDragon

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Hmm, I suppose it all boils down to if they offer a 30 day guarantee on prices. Then I can just start looking for individual items, grab them as soon as there's a deal, and if a better deal occurs a month later I can request that price be honored.