Microtek scanner problem

Hallo all,

Maybe you can help me.

I had a PC crash and have to reinstall the software ScanWizard 5 for my
Microtek Scanmaker V6usl scanner. I use the latest drivers from the
website of Microtek. I'm working with Windows XP Pro US-version with the
latest updates and Service Pack 2

But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the software
and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted the PC. No luck.

I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but the
file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I fill
in by hand, nothing happen.

Also when I look in My Computer/manage/device manager I don't see the
scanner..

Formely the scanner was working fine.
Can someone give me an advise??

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about microtek scanner problem

    Are you USB ports working fine with other devices?
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    <CarleyW@MediumNet.con> wrote in message
    > Hallo all,
    >
    > Maybe you can help me.
    >
    > I had a PC crash and have to reinstall the software ScanWizard 5 for my
    > Microtek Scanmaker V6usl scanner. I use the latest drivers from the
    > website of Microtek. I'm working with Windows XP Pro US-version with the
    > latest updates and Service Pack 2
    >
    > But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the software
    > and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted the PC. No luck.
    >
    > I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but the
    > file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I fill
    > in by hand, nothing happen.
    >
    > Also when I look in My Computer/manage/device manager I don't see the
    > scanner..
    >
    > Formely the scanner was working fine.
    > Can someone give me an advise??
    >
    > Thank you.

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:32:58 GMT, "Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com>
    wrote:

    -Quoted Text-
    >Are you USB ports working fine with other devices?
    Its working again: I have reinstall the drivers for the USB ports.
    Thanks for your reply.

Scanners Microtek Peripherals