FX5200 PCI fails

minty

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Hi to everybody,
I have an old pc with motherboard LUCKY STAR K7MKLE VIA VT8361+686B (KLE-133) Chipset m-ATX Form Factor with an AMD Duron 1100Mhz and 256MB of ram to 133Mhz. The MB has integrated video card and card audio. Lately I have bought a video card FX5200 with 128 mb of ram and tvout (s-video and composite). it works correctly , because I have tried it on another pc, but give to me a problem. After having setted from the bios (last version) "Inie Display First" on "PCI slot", reboot and the pc crash. It precisely crash an instant before the pc chooses the peripheral one from which to make to depart the SO, practically to the beginning. But up to that point the card works. It makes to see the mem test, the scanning of the peripheral IDE. After this the screen becomes all black and on top-left apperars a flashing carret. It seems that the system keeps on correctly working but the screen is black. If I insert a live that departs from cd the same thing happens. I don't understand what i have to do. Thanks to everybody.

massssarati

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
well i also have a K7MKLE Lucky Star with an AMD duron 1100.
and i also tried to install a new video card a radeon 7000 64 MB.
Please how did you resolve the problume?
i dont have a lot of mony to replace my mother bord or get a new computer
like you i also tryed the vid card in another compand it worked quite well
it is brand new!!
please help me
it doesthe same thing gets through the boot screens but stops short of loading windows...the OS windows XP Pro seems to continue to load it just wont show on the monitor....ATI tec support was clueless.
PLEASE HELP!!! PLEASE!!!