terry

I have a screen saver I would like to use. How do I get XP to recognize it
in the screen saver tab of the Display properties window?

Thanks

go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:

In news:kQ0xd.125$ER1.114@fe2.columbus.rr.com,
Terry <cooleyt@woh.rr.com> typed:

>I have a screen saver I would like to use. How do I get XP to
> recognize it in the screen saver tab of the Display properties
> window?

Put it in the folder c:\windows\system32

Please reply to the newsgroup

In news:%23WJtxTU5EHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ramd <dsf@dfds.com> typed:

> go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:

I hope you mean this as a joke, rather than just being malicious.
But even if that's how you meant it, jokes like this aren't
funny; it's always possible that some unsuspecting novice will
take you at your word and do what you suggest.

Fortunately, in this case, what you suggest won't do anything,
and isn't as dangerous as it might appear at first glance.

Please reply to the newsgroup

terry

I have .dll and and .scr files for the screen saver. I need more detail on
how to add it to the system. What command would I use?