What's more likely to fail: CPU or mobo?

VSD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
CPU (Intel P4 650 - no overclocked)
Mobo (Asus P5AD2-E premium)

My system doesn't work and one of these two is the culprit.

I have taken my computer to the repair shop and they haven't been able to check it because they don't have spare parts (...small town miles away from big cities).

So I must take the plunge and order one of those two.

Regards.

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
test your CPU on a friends computer, thats the only thing that i can think of, other then that..well can u say how you know its the mobo or the CPU? did the PC just die? or does it turn on and give any beeb codes?
anyway, only thing that i can suggest is for you to test out anothers CPU with your board or your CPU with his/hers.
oh and FYI i'd say it was the mobo if nothing happens at all, but make sure you look at all the connectors, hell it might be a loose connection somewhere

VSD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
test your CPU on a friends computer, thats the only thing that i can think of, other then that..well can u say how you know its the mobo or the CPU? did the PC just die? or does it turn on and give any beeb codes?
anyway, only thing that i can suggest is for you to test out anothers CPU with your board or your CPU with his/hers.
oh and FYI i'd say it was the mobo if nothing happens at all, but make sure you look at all the connectors, hell it might be a loose connection somewhere

Unfortunatelly, I haven't got any similar pieces available, and anyway I don't like to touch people's systems.
It just die.

Regards.