Dumb question about desktop appearance

A really dumb question:

I did something that took my Quick Launch and Taskbar row and expanded it
from a single row to a double (i.e., the four icons on my Taskbar used to be
in a single row. Now it is two rows with two icons each). How do I get it
back to a single row so it doesn't take up so much space on the bottom of the
screen?

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about dumb question desktop appearance

    In news:EA25B29E-F921-43BB-92CD-0887EB2B4CF0@microsoft.com,
    Bikerdup <Bikerdup@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I did something that took my Quick Launch and Taskbar row and
    > expanded it from a single row to a double (i.e., the four icons
    > on my
    > Taskbar used to be in a single row. Now it is two rows with
    > two
    > icons each). How do I get it back to a single row so it
    > doesn't take
    > up so much space on the bottom of the screen?

    Essntially the task bar is a resizable window like other windows.
    If it's now two rows high, you can change it to zero, one, three,
    or more. Just grab the top of it with the mouse (move it until it
    turns into a two-headed arrow), then drag it to the size you
    want.

    If it won't change, it may be locked. Right-click on the task
    bar and uncheck "Lock the task bar" if it's checked. Then try
    again.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Thanks for the quick reply, Ken. I already tried that and it isnlt working.
    The Taskbar is unlocked, and when I drag the double qrrows down, the entire
    task bar abd Quick Launch bar disappear of the bottom of the screen. Also, a
    URL address bar has shown up on the bottom of the screen adjacent to the
    Taskbar. Oneother thing - there is a vertical drag bar between the Start
    icon and the Quick Launch icons. This is normally there. Since my problem
    arose, there is another vertical drag bar immediately below the one I just
    decribed that wasn't there before. I think this bar is part of the prblem,
    But I can't seem to do anything to make it go away.

    Thanks!

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:45:03 -0800, Bikerdup wrote:

    > Thanks for the quick reply, Ken. I already tried that and it isnlt working.
    > The Taskbar is unlocked, and when I drag the double qrrows down, the entire
    > task bar abd Quick Launch bar disappear of the bottom of the screen. Also, a
    > URL address bar has shown up on the bottom of the screen adjacent to the
    > Taskbar. Oneother thing - there is a vertical drag bar between the Start
    > icon and the Quick Launch icons. This is normally there. Since my problem
    > arose, there is another vertical drag bar immediately below the one I just
    > decribed that wasn't there before. I think this bar is part of the prblem,
    > But I can't seem to do anything to make it go away.

    Try taking the Quick Launch bar off the taskbar. Resize the taskbar to a
    single row. Then add Quick Launch back.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User