Bad Pool Header After Installing SP2

After installing SP2 for Windows XP, I keep randomly getting the blue
screen of death with the message bad_pool_header. Also, after logging-in,
I sometime get the message that Windows has encountered a serious error.

Does any one know if this is a SP2 problem or just a coincidence?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about pool header installing

    ItsJustMe <ItsJustMe@Yahoo.com> wrote:

    >After installing SP2 for Windows XP, I keep randomly getting the blue
    >screen of death with the message bad_pool_header. Also, after logging-in,
    >I sometime get the message that Windows has encountered a serious error.
    >
    >Does any one know if this is a SP2 problem or just a coincidence?
    >
    >Thanks.

    http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/BAD_POOL_HEADER.html has some discussion
    and a couple of suggestions regarding this error.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP