Bad Pool Header After Installing SP2

December 19, 2004 1:36:17 AM

After installing SP2 for Windows XP, I keep randomly getting the blue
screen of death with the message bad_pool_header. Also, after logging-in,
I sometime get the message that Windows has encountered a serious error.

Does any one know if this is a SP2 problem or just a coincidence?

Thanks.
Anonymous
December 19, 2004 6:36:10 AM

ItsJustMe <ItsJustMe@Yahoo.com> wrote:

>After installing SP2 for Windows XP, I keep randomly getting the blue
>screen of death with the message bad_pool_header. Also, after logging-in,
>I sometime get the message that Windows has encountered a serious error.
>
>Does any one know if this is a SP2 problem or just a coincidence?
>
>Thanks.

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/BAD_POOL_HEADER.html has some discussion
and a couple of suggestions regarding this error.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP