Grand Theft Auto V Release Date Pushed Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
unfortunately no PC version means no purchase from me, I don't own a console, so buying one just for one game is a little bit silly

G

Well check this one off the list for PC for me, had high hopes it would make it. But even by September most will have lost interest and moved onto other games. Game was long overdue and now this.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Meh. I bought GTA4 for the PC. It wasn't frugal with resources and when I upped my system specs the game wouldn't function.(google GTA4 and Crossfire for specifics)

I love the idea of the game, but GTA is the worst offender of the console to PC port shenanigans. Phooey!

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
At least it looks likely that it'll be released on the next-gen consoles. Anyone else notice this announcement came on the same day that Sony announced a big Playstation press conferenceon Feb 20. That tells me they decided to delay it so that people will be more likely to wait on the next-gen port. As for a PC release, I would expect it to launch around the same time as the next-gen ports, in the holiday season.

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
This will be a superb game, and actually worthy of a console purchase for those who don't have one yet. It also makes me wonder how amazing GTA 6 will be on the Xbox 720 and PS4!

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
GTA games have always released 6 months later than their console counterparts.

So us PC gamers should see GTA V released around March 2014.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I'm shocked they didn't do this from the start because of the new consoles. I wouldn't doubt that's the reason they pushed the date back was also for a "HD" version on the new consoles.

This was done with Battlefield: Modern Combat on the XBox1 then re-released as a "HD" version on the 360. So it's not unheard off given the older console is on it's way out the door. I have a feeling they will release a PC version after they get the one for the next gen consoles out the door.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I played one of the older GTA games on PC and it seemed to be very buggy. I had to disable some GPU feature to stop it hitching and also I would keep crashing into things that would appear after I crashed into them because apparently the streaming load system was faulty on PC.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Well you know its REALLY bad news when its not being released on next-gen consoles.... That means the same crap hardware limitations getting in the way of the PC port.

-_-

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Looks like we get the shaft again, even without the obligatory excuse "pirates. PIRATES!!!" . This game was a novalty that got old years ago. Too bad they got the PC gamers hopes up and dashes them to the rocks.

G

I'm sure they'll realease it for the next generation of consoles some time, but first it will be sold for PS3/X360. Probably about six months later, it will come out for PC/PS4/X720 with high-res textures!

Jacklynembrey32

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
like to read your hole you done awesome work and as the part of t is better for me to read that kind of post like To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.