Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I just picked this up second hand. It seems to function except that the scan
lamp is red. Anyone know what causes this?

Chris

"Chris" <cjohnson1379nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I just picked this up second hand. It seems to function except that the
>scan lamp is red. Anyone know what causes this?
>
> Chris

Red led?

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

According to Microtek, the scan lamp is bad.

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "Chris" <cjohnson1379nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I just picked this up second hand. It seems to function except that the
>>scan lamp is red. Anyone know what causes this?
>>
>> Chris
>>
> Red led?
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Castor

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

"Chris" <cjohnson1379nospam@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
qlPce.2071$7F4.2062@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> According to Microtek, the scan lamp is bad.

I've an old Microtek Phantom 4800 (SCSI connection), I replaced the main
lamp several time by one bought to the regular lights shop in the street and
it was working fine ...

Today, when powering on the light is blinking for some long time before
stabilizing on and I think the capacitorn(called starter usually) is
probably dead. I tried to replace this capacitor but I can't finf it inside
the scanner !!!

Does somebody has any clue how to repair it ?
Thanks in advance
--
Cordialement / Regards
Castor , e-sexa

enlever le ~ pour utiliser l'adresse courriel
withdraw the ~ to use email address

"Castor" <castor2cod1@~hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Chris" <cjohnson1379nospam@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de
> qlPce.2071$7F4.2062@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > According to Microtek, the scan lamp is bad.
> >

> I've an old Microtek Phantom 4800 (SCSI connection), I replaced the main
> lamp several time by one bought to the regular lights shop in the street
and
> it was working fine ...
>
> Today, when powering on the light is blinking for some long time before
> stabilizing on and I think the capacitorn(called starter usually) is
> probably dead. I tried to replace this capacitor but I can't finf it
inside
> the scanner !!!
>
> Does somebody has any clue how to repair it ?
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Cordialement / Regards
> Castor , e-sexa
>
> enlever le ~ pour utiliser l'adresse courriel
> withdraw the ~ to use email address

If you have a standard fluorescent lamp, then start at the wires coming out
of the lamp fixture, follow those wires.

This page will show you how a fluorescent lamp works. There are two
different types and three different circuits.
http://www.ustr.net/electronics/fluorescent.shtml

I notice one error in the Preheat Circuit, there is normally a capacitor
across the switch contacts of the starter. (The capacitor is built into the
Starter and not a separate part).

If the scanner uses a standard fluorescent lamp, you may be able to get the
parts at a electric parts supply company.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com