Homebuilt system question

ReverendGadgetBoy

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Hokay well I recently bought the parts for a C2D system. The motherboard was an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. The case is a Lian LI PC-65B. The first time I built it I had a friend help me, but it turned out the motherboard was broken and I had to return it. I am building it by myself now, and have run into a snag. I'm trying to connect the front panel buttons and leds to the mobo, but there is no good connection.

Those are pictures of the connector that comes from the front panel. It combines both buttons and both leds and one other thing into one connector that I have never seen before.

That is a picture of where it is supposed to connect on the motherboard. It is nothing like the connector on the case.

This is a page from the instructions. It shows how there are supposed to be multiple connections from the front panel. Sorry about the sideways. It also shows how to use a "q-connect" thingy to connect them all into one device before plugging it in.

This is the "q-connect" device. It basically unifies multiple plug things.

Sorry about my inexperience.

So can anyone tell me how to plug the front buttons and lights into the mobo? The connector does not match the socket, and there are no adaptors in the box.

ReverendGadgetBoy

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Yeah after looking at the newegg pictures I'm definitely missing some kind of adapter. Seeing as when i built it the first time that part worked, my best guess is that i returned it mistakenly with the motherboard. Do you know if this would be a standard adapter or a one of a kind Lian Li part? I'm guessing the former, and I'd like to know what its called and/or where to buy another adaptor.

Thanks bundles!

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
try soldering it directly to the case, as wantonly as possible, with the most amount of solder conceivable. that should do the trick nicely.

just don't rma your board again. whatever you do.

...and you've still got that livestrong? thats awesome... mine broke ages ago.