Pocket PC and Mac

February 19, 2005 1:51:20 AM

My daughter, a banking professional, wants to buy her first PDA.
She has a Mac notebook (OSX) at home, but no Windows PC. I see
where Palm supports the Mac OS. I ran across something called
Pocket Mac that syncs a PPC with a Mac, however, the software
is described by some as buggy. I really like my iPaq 4155
(especially the Wi-Fi capability and small form factor), and I'd
like to suggest it to her. Has anyone successfully mated an
iPaq and Mac computer?

Thanks!
Scott

More about : pocket mac

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:12:19 AM

I have a iPaq 1945 and use it with my PowerBook G4 and PocketMac just fine.
I can sync via USB or Bluetooth. I don't have any problems with it. I have
tried it with Entourage 2004, 2001 and Mail/Address Book/iCal. It seems that
PocketMac works best with Entourage 2001 and Apples software. Entourage 2004
doesn't seem to play well. That could be a bug in PocketMac or a problem
with Office 2004. My personal preference is to use Entourage 2004 because of
the project feature. But for compatibility and ease of use I'd have to go
with Apple's software with PocketMac.

Matt

On 02/18/2005 8:51 PM, in article 4216C5C8.24B8E7AB@uslink.net, "Scott"
<golden@uslink.net> wrote:

> My daughter, a banking professional, wants to buy her first PDA.
> She has a Mac notebook (OSX) at home, but no Windows PC. I see
> where Palm supports the Mac OS. I ran across something called
> Pocket Mac that syncs a PPC with a Mac, however, the software
> is described by some as buggy. I really like my iPaq 4155
> (especially the Wi-Fi capability and small form factor), and I'd
> like to suggest it to her. Has anyone successfully mated an
> iPaq and Mac computer?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

February 22, 2005 9:19:47 AM

Keep in mind that Palm no longer supports Mac by way of any new software
developing, so everytyhing is going to be supported by 3rd parties
eventually.

That was one of the reasons I switched my main computer from a Mac to a
Dell. I need tight integration with my PDA and my PIM of choice (on a Mac
that's MS Entourage, on the Dell it's MS Outlook).

-Walt

!