FYI

I wanted to let it be publicly known that I am extremely pleased with both the Asus motherboard I bought and the support I received.

Asus A8N-SLI (Socket 939)

The board works wonderfully. When I had an issue with the motherboard and it stopped working I had to RMA it. The process took about two weeks but Asus fulfilled their warranty and completely replaced the motherboard.

As a result, when I do my next motherboard upgrade I will be buying Asus.

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
The true test of whether a company is worth their salt is not just that they can make quality product. It's how they handle the customer when the product has a problem, because every manufacturer will have faulty product, but how they treat the customer will leave a lasting impression on whether that customer will be willing to buy their product again, or mention to their friends just how good the service is behind the product. If the product is great, and the quality is outstanding, but the company is hard to deal with, then the first time a customer has a problem that requires response from the company will be the last time that customer buys from that company.

Therlian

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I've had to RMA two ASUS mobos in my time, and both times the customer service was excellent. Customer service was very helpful and I had a replacement in about 2 weeks, maybe less, I think it was (been a while so I can't remember exactly).