Change colors on PocketPC (IPaq)

February 19, 2005 12:58:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches.

Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?

I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.

(can this be done on a Mac?)

Help please.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:52:17 PM

Chris wrote:
> For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches.
>
> Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>
> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
> Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>
> (can this be done on a Mac?)
>
> Help please.

I'm sure it's possible, but I don't have first-hand knowledge. I set up
my e-mail client to display all the messages with a black background and
green text - much easier on my eyes than the black on white.

Have you tried asking on a computer forum? I visit one at
http://forum.pcmech.com/ and everyone's really helpful there. And they
know their stuff and are willing to walk you through the steps to
achieve your goal, too. The challenge is finding the right topic header
to post under.

-Janna
--
Another random thought from my random brain...
Brought to you by the colour green, the number 7, and the letters J, L,

"Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)

for more information on the so-called Irlen Syndrome, see:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequ...

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc365/devdys/5.html

As far as I can see, this "syndrome" has not been proven in any manner and
is not recognized.

With costs of $500.00 and more, it seems like a fleece job.
February 19, 2005 7:23:25 PM

Mark Probert wrote:
> "Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
>

> for more information on the so-called Irlen Syndrome, see:
>
> http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequ...
>
> http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc365/devdys/5.html
>
> As far as I can see, this "syndrome" has not been proven in any manner and
> is not recognized.
>
> With costs of $500.00 and more, it seems like a fleece job.

I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities myself.

There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
*before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and really
only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.

Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to either
try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested out on,
or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing done.

One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by using the
simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the Irlen
testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can provide. I
make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has constant
access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from his
last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has decreased,
and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to learning
this and making adaptations.

If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail me
off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)

I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the opportunity to
try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear glasses
and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.

-Janna
--
Another random thought from my random brain...
Brought to you by the colour green, the number 7, and the letters J, L,
and H.
http://geocities.com/janna_louise
Guinea pigs have ADD.
"Home is not a place. It is wherever your passion takes you." -
President John Sheridan, Babylon 5 (Objects At Rest, Production #522)
"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an
obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. You really
can change the world if you care enough." - Mary Wright Edelman
Psalm 42:7
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:23:26 PM

"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
> >

> > for more information on the so-called Irlen Syndrome, see:
> >
> > http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequ...
> >
> > http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc365/devdys/5.html
> >
> > As far as I can see, this "syndrome" has not been proven in any manner
and
> > is not recognized.
> >
> > With costs of $500.00 and more, it seems like a fleece job.
> >

> I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities myself.
>
> There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
> *before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and really
> only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.
>
> Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to either
> try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested out on,
> or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing done.
>
> One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by using the
> simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the Irlen
> testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can provide. I
> make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has constant
> access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from his
> last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has decreased,
> and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to learning
> this and making adaptations.
>
> If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail me
> off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)
>
> I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the opportunity to
> try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear glasses
> and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.

A suggestion for those who need less contrast than is normally found in
textbooks (i.e., black print on white paper), you might try getting some
transluscent report covers of varying colors (so you can find the right
"fit" for yourself or your student) and slip the "offending" page inside of
the cover (i.e., the "spine" of the cover being on the outside of the page).

I could not find the "el cheapo" ones that I usually get (at Wal-Mart,
target, etc) for illustrative purposes, but one example can be found at
http://www.keysan.com/ksu3120b.htm

Buny
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:50:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
> >

> > for more information on the so-called Irlen Syndrome, see:
> >
> > http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequ...
> >
> > http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc365/devdys/5.html
> >
> > As far as I can see, this "syndrome" has not been proven in any manner
and
> > is not recognized.
> >
> > With costs of $500.00 and more, it seems like a fleece job.
> >

> I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities myself.
>
> There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
> *before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and really
> only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.
>
> Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to either
> try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested out on,
> or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing done.
>
> One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by using the
> simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the Irlen
> testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can provide. I
> make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has constant
> access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from his
> last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has decreased,
> and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to learning
> this and making adaptations.
>
> If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail me
> off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)
>
> I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the opportunity to
> try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear glasses
> and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.

While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the existence of the
so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:50:05 PM

Mark Probert wrote:
> "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Mark Probert wrote:
>>
>>>"Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>for more information on the so-called Irlen Syndrome, see:
>>>
>>>http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequ...
>>>
>>>http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc365/devdys/5.html
>>>
>>>As far as I can see, this "syndrome" has not been proven in any manner
>
> and
>
>>>is not recognized.
>>>
>>>With costs of $500.00 and more, it seems like a fleece job.
>>>

>>I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities myself.
>>
>>There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
>>*before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and really
>>only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.
>>
>>Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to either
>>try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested out on,
>>or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing done.
>>
>>One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by using the
>>simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the Irlen
>>testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can provide. I
>>make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has constant
>>access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from his
>>last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has decreased,
>>and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to learning
>>this and making adaptations.
>>
>>If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail me
>>off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)
>>
>>I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the opportunity to
>>try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear glasses
>>and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.
>

> While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the existence of the
> so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.

Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real, exists, and
doesn't have to be treated specifically with Irlen lenses.

Way to read for content.

-Janna
--
Another random thought from my random brain...
Brought to you by the colour green, the number 7, and the letters J, L,
and H.
http://geocities.com/janna_louise
Guinea pigs have ADD.
"Home is not a place. It is wherever your passion takes you." -
President John Sheridan, Babylon 5 (Objects At Rest, Production #522)
"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an
obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. You really
can change the world if you care enough." - Mary Wright Edelman
Psalm 42:7
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:50:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:50:04 -0500, "Mark Probert" <Mark
Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:

>"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Mark Probert wrote:
>> > "Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > for more information on the so-called Irlen Syndrome, see:
>> >
>> > http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequ...
>> >
>> > http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc365/devdys/5.html
>> >
>> > As far as I can see, this "syndrome" has not been proven in any manner
>and
>> > is not recognized.
>> >
>> > With costs of $500.00 and more, it seems like a fleece job.
>> >

>> I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities myself.
>>
>> There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
>> *before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and really
>> only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.
>>
>> Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to either
>> try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested out on,
>> or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing done.
>>
>> One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by using the
>> simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the Irlen
>> testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can provide. I
>> make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has constant
>> access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from his
>> last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has decreased,
>> and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to learning
>> this and making adaptations.
>>
>> If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail me
>> off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)
>>
>> I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the opportunity to
>> try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear glasses
>> and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.
>
>While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the existence of the
>so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.

Perhaps, but headaches from looking at computer screens are very real.
And I know I prefer to look at the world -literally- through rose
colored glasses. Unfortunately, I have been seeing the world through
clear lenses lately.

_george
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 8:01:01 PM

george of the jungle wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:50:04 -0500, "Mark Probert" <Mark
> Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:
>

> >"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> >and

> >> I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities
myself.

> >> There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
> >> *before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and
really
> >> only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.
> >>
> >> Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to
either
> >> try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested
out on,
> >> or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing
done.

> >> One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by
using the
> >> simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the
Irlen
> >> testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can
provide. I
> >> make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has
constant
> >> access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from
his
> >> last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has
decreased,
> >> and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to
learning
> >> this and making adaptations.
> >>
> >> If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail
me
> >> off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)
> >>
> >> I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the
opportunity to
> >> try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear
glasses
> >> and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.
> >
> >While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the
existence of the
> >so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.
> >

> Perhaps, but headaches from looking at computer screens are very
real.
> And I know I prefer to look at the world -literally- through rose
> colored glasses. Unfortunately, I have been seeing the world through
> clear lenses lately.
>
> _george

It can have a lot to do with the 'flicker'.

There is the LCD flicker ... and the flourescent backlight flicker.

For whatever reason, I have always foun it much more difficult to read
inverted 'white on black' ... such as reading from a chalkboard. ...
the 'reading' is easy. ... the MEANING just doesn't seem to 'register'.

I don't know if my experience in unusual or 'common' .... "Black on
white" has become the norm.

It does occur to me that if 'flicker' is involved in a specific kind of
way, it may be preferable to 'invert'

Example: Think of 'slow' or 'fast' phosphours and 'inverting' in the
old crt monitiors. ( assuming that you can remember those things ...
) flicker and it's frequency can make a big difference. ... as can
contrast ... as can 'typeface' .. as I find as I get older. .. as I
get older, it is more difficult for me to focus near or focus far. ...
'stare' at a computer too long and go 'cross-eyed' in the distance. ...
it's NOT just eye focus! ... it has to do with binocular vison
processing.

If I get my nose out of my computer; ... after a few days, things go
back to normal and I don't go about 'cross eyed'

.... and on and on and on ...

So many factors are involved. Go in with your head "up".

P.S> I wish they would make 'incandescent' backlights ...or... explore
different florescent flicker rates ...

RL
Actually I don't dislike him. Just don't have any help to offer him
and don't find attempting to make sense of his ravings a productive use
of my time. I've killfiled several people for whom I have a good deal
of respect because of the wrangle factor

is jclarke (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net) ignoring you too?
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 8:59:17 PM

> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > and

> >>I work with autistic children and have some vision sensitivities myself.
> >>
> >>There is a simple (almost free) testing procedure that you can use
> >>*before* you go the Irlen advisory route. It's very simple and really
> >>only requires the purchase of several coloured lightbulbs.
> >>
> >>Once you've completed the testing procedure, you can choose to either
> >>try different sunglasses in shades of the colour you have tested out on,
> >>or you can contact the Irlen people and get the precise testing done.
> >>
> >>One child I work with needs the colour red. We found this by using the
> >>simple testing procedure and will probably not bother with the Irlen
> >>testing, as he seems content with any colour of red we can provide. I
> >>make his worksheets on red paper as much as I can, and he has constant
> >>access to red sunglasses. His printing improved dramatically from his
> >>last white sheet to his first red sheet. His frustration has decreased,
> >>and he is more willing to do paperwork than he was prior to learning
> >>this and making adaptations.
> >>
> >>If anyone is interested in acquiring the testing procedure, e-mail me
> >>off-list and I will send it to you. (Yes, for free.)
> >>
> >>I myself came out mildly yellow, but haven't yet had the opportunity to
> >>try the adaptations we implemented for the above child as I wear glasses
> >>and can't currently afford to get sunglasses to clip on.
> >

> > While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the existence of
the
> > so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.
>
> Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real, exists, and
> doesn't have to be treated specifically with Irlen lenses.
>
> Way to read for content.

If you carefully read what I said, this time for comprehension, you would
understand my point.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 8:59:18 PM

Mark Probert wrote:
> "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Mark Probert wrote:
>>
>>>"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>>>and

>>>While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the existence of
>
> the
>
>>>so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.
>>
>>Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real, exists, and
>>doesn't have to be treated specifically with Irlen lenses.
>>
>>Way to read for content.
>

> If you carefully read what I said, this time for comprehension, you would
> understand my point.

My question to you is,

What is the point in telling everyone it's quackery?

My point was to give simple information based on my experience. It's
backed up by many others' experience. Just because some scientists
somewhere say that it's not real (based on what criteria, exactly?)
doesn't mean it isn't real.

-Janna (not thinking completely straight - buried under a lot of
paperwork ATM)
--

Mark Probert wrote:
> "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Mark Probert wrote:
>>
>>>"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>>>and

>>>While interesting, your point does not provide proof of the existence of
>
> the
>
>>>so-called Irlen Syndrome. From all my reading, it is quackery.
>>
>>Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real, exists, and
>>doesn't have to be treated specifically with Irlen lenses.
>>
>>Way to read for content.
>

> If you carefully read what I said, this time for comprehension, you would
> understand my point.

Okay, one more time because I wasn't totally on the ball with the last
two posts.

What I wrote about vision problems and using coloured lenses *was
specifically written to make it clear that you don't have to go to Irlen
if you think you might have trouble with colours*.

The testing I mentioned is absolutely 100% simple to do, and I can send
it to anyone who wants it. For free. All they have to do is collect
the materials, which (aside from the coloured light bulbs) are everyday
items anyone has in their home.

So, again... way to read for content.

Sheesh.

The one link you provide does allow for the existence of vision problems
that are alleviated by coloured lenses. That the one group was
perfectly happy with mere tinted lenses rather than the Irlen lenses
means literally *nothing* and does not impact *my* point.

-Janna
--
Another random thought from my random brain...
Brought to you by the colour green, the number 7, and the letters J, L,
and H.
http://geocities.com/janna_louise
Guinea pigs have ADD.
"Home is not a place. It is wherever your passion takes you." -
President John Sheridan, Babylon 5 (Objects At Rest, Production #522)
"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an
obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. You really
can change the world if you care enough." - Mary Wright Edelman
Psalm 42:7
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 9:38:22 PM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:32:44 -0700, Janna Hoskin <jannana@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Mark Probert wrote:
>
>My question to you is,
>
>What is the point in telling everyone it's quackery?

Mark's posting from alt.support.attn-deficit. A wide range of
alt.snake-oil therapies have been sold as "cures" for ADHD. In the
case of ADHD the point is to use appraoches that are effective.

I looked at your web site, Janna. You're doing good stuff.

Aloha,
_george
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 9:56:28 PM

Chris wrote:
> For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches.
>
> Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>
> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
> Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>
> (can this be done on a Mac?)
>
> Help please.

Universal Access Control Panel is your friend. :-)

Bob W
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 1:18:40 AM

Hi Chris,

You might try using the Microsoft Theme Editor. With it, you could select a
picture with a dark background, and then adjust the color of the fonts.

This would work for the Today screen. I won't work for the other
applications, unfortunatly. But its a start, I guess.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

Rick D.

"Chris" <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches.
>
> Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>
> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
> Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>
> (can this be done on a Mac?)
>
> Help please.

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:28:02 AM

george of the jungle wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:32:44 -0700, Janna Hoskin <jannana@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>

>>Mark Probert wrote:
>>
>>My question to you is,
>>
>>What is the point in telling everyone it's quackery?
>>

> Mark's posting from alt.support.attn-deficit. A wide range of
> alt.snake-oil therapies have been sold as "cures" for ADHD. In the
> case of ADHD the point is to use appraoches that are effective.
>
> I looked at your web site, Janna. You're doing good stuff.
>
> Aloha,
> _george

Thanks.

And my point of course is not that Irlen lenses cure ADHD or autism (how
stupid would that be?) but that visual processing problems are real and
coloured lenses (not necessarily Irlens) can help alleviate those problems.

-Janna
--
Another random thought from my random brain...
Brought to you by the colour green, the number 7, and the letters J, L,
and H.
http://geocities.com/janna_louise
Guinea pigs have ADD.
"Home is not a place. It is wherever your passion takes you." -
President John Sheridan, Babylon 5 (Objects At Rest, Production #522)
"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an
obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. You really
can change the world if you care enough." - Mary Wright Edelman
Psalm 42:7
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 4:55:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Chris <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>
> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
> Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>
> (can this be done on a Mac?)
>
> Help please.

I would re-post that question to comp.sys.mac.apps ... Most of the Big
Wigs in the Mac world hang out there. I have never gone unsatisfied with
the help I've gotten there.
Cheers
SP
--
Not a real Addy, yet
Anonymous

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches. Is
> there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance -
> "Window Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
> (can this be done on a Mac?)

I don't know what an iPaq is, but on Mac OS X you do it with

System Preferences > Universal Access > Switch to White on Black

There are ways of doing it on earlier systems, but I seem to
have mislaid the relevant control panel on my OS 9.1 machine.
I remember doing it with a third-party utility on a system
around 3.2 in the late 1980s, so probably all Macs ever made
can do it. Both that old one and the current one in Panther
share a little design bug; the rounded corners of the screen
display get inverted from black to white, making distracting
little bright quadrants.

You can also set background colour on a per-window basis in both
MacOS X and the X11 window system (what most Linux people use).
Under the Motif window manager on SunOS, I used to reserve girly
pink for chat windows with a particular person. One of my
colleagues had all his text edit windows snot-green because he'd
read in some user interface research paper that it reduced error
rates. Working on his machine made me feel slightly nauseous.

<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/&gt; for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975
February 20, 2005 5:57:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Chris <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote:

> For Irlens Sydrome (often assoc with Dyslexia and ADHD)
> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches.
>
> Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>
> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
> Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>
> (can this be done on a Mac?)

On the Mac - ctrl-option-command-8

HTH.

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Janna Hoskin <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real

Oh, God!

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 6:28:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

yeah?
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 6:29:41 AM

"zoara" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Janna Hoskin <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote:

> My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
> of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
> an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
> execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.

I'm just responding to your tag line with the goofy spam. I save these
things. Here are a few of my favorites:

---------------------------------

You can transmute to the champion human for your girlfriend!

My drugs is used to mend cavernous breakdown,
too known as an inability to copulate. This is in case a somebody cannot
obtain, or keep,
a rigid erect phallus suitable for sexual action.

This pharmaceuticals is :

appropriate to be used as a execution foil
has some advantages over another pharmaceuticals
can function for two days
can build up in the physical structure

------------------------

Uncoined increase your member potential

A late sight displays that 81 % of ladies are unsatisfied
with their intimate partners. assuredly big part of these girls
would never recount their mates that they are unfortunate.

Set right this trouble

--------------------------------
Bask the lifetime with Someone Increment Hormone

After the 24 age, your physical structure tardily quits executes
a significant internal secretion known as Somebody Growth Internal
Secretion.
The decrease of it, that regulates levels of other internal secretions
in the physical structure is directly responsible for many of the largest
prevalent signs of growing old, such as wrinkles, light hair,
decreased energy, and lessened intimate purpose.
--------------------------
No Ruse . . . Literal Ability! Augment your phallus.

No Gimmick --- Real Science! The equal sort of enquiry
that maid other miracle narcotics, has now created a revolutionary
grass tablet that can growth your member proportion by 2" to 6"
in verily a couple of abbreviated weeks! Only devour 1 our tablets each
solar day...
It will create your phallus gain a huge 26%!

-----------------------------
You must become to the finest human for your woman.

My drugs is used to remedy erectile failure,
besides far-famed as impotence. This is when a somebody cannot procure, or
retain,
a solid erect phallus apt for intimate activity.

This remedy is :

appropriate to be used as a performance enhancer
has some advantages over another pharmaceuticals
can work for 3 days
can erect up in the organic structure
February 20, 2005 10:40:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Fine - don't call it Irlens Syndrom - call it whatever you like.

For me reading black text on a white background gives me a headache.
The words and letters appear "blurred".

In the UK it costs a fraction of $500 to get tested.

All I want to do is change the colours on my screen I don't want to get
into a big discussion about whether ADHD or dylexia and/or Irlens
Syndrome is real or made up I just want to change the colours on my
screen.

Just incase I didn't make myself clear -- all I want to do is change
the colours on my screen.

That's it - that's all I want to do.

Okay Mark?
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:46:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

>> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches. Is
>> there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance -
>> "Window Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>> (can this be done on a Mac?)
> On the Mac - ctrl-option-command-8

On my Pismo (running 10.3.8) that makes the whole display greyscale
as well.

<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/&gt; for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975
February 20, 2005 11:56:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

On 20/2/05 8:46 am, in article
bogus-EE41AC.08464620022005@news.news.demon.net, "Jack Campin - bogus
address" <bogus@purr.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> reading black text on a *white* background causes headaches. Is
>>> there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
>>> I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance -
>>> "Window Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
>>> (can this be done on a Mac?)
>> On the Mac - ctrl-option-command-8
>
> On my Pismo (running 10.3.8) that makes the whole display greyscale
> as well.

I think you'd need to use something like ShapeShifter (www.unsanity.com) to
make these sort of changes on OS X.

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:48:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia (More info?)

> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > the

> >>Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real, exists, and
> >>doesn't have to be treated specifically with Irlen lenses.
> >>
> >>Way to read for content.
> >

> > If you carefully read what I said, this time for comprehension, you
would
> > understand my point.
>
> My question to you is,
>
> What is the point in telling everyone it's quackery?

Why do we mark minefields in combat zones? The answer is the same:

People should know what they are getting into and not look at everything
that has a testimonial attached to it through rose colored glasses (metaphor
and pun intended.)

Remember, the plural of testimonal is not data. Testimonial is not a synonym
for proof.

> My point was to give simple information based on my experience. It's
> backed up by many others' experience. Just because some scientists
> somewhere say that it's not real (based on what criteria, exactly?)
> doesn't mean it isn't real.

Strawman.

The proponent of any therapy should be held toa standard of proving its
safety and efficacy before selling it. When one goes straight from theory to
sales, one is following the P. T. Barnum business model.

The proponent should be able to provide proof that it actually works using
reasonably valid scientific principles. Irlen skiiped that, and it has not
been consistently shown to provide reproducible results.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:50:49 PM

> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > the

> >>Whether or not it's proven, what I'm talking about is real, exists, and
> >>doesn't have to be treated specifically with Irlen lenses.
> >>
> >>Way to read for content.
> >

> > If you carefully read what I said, this time for comprehension, you
would
> > understand my point.
>
> Okay, one more time because I wasn't totally on the ball with the last
> two posts.
>
> What I wrote about vision problems and using coloured lenses *was
> specifically written to make it clear that you don't have to go to Irlen
> if you think you might have trouble with colours*.
>
> The testing I mentioned is absolutely 100% simple to do, and I can send
> it to anyone who wants it. For free. All they have to do is collect
> the materials, which (aside from the coloured light bulbs) are everyday
> items anyone has in their home.
>
> So, again... way to read for content.

Can you provide any scientific proof that colored lenses can actually do
what you claim? Remember, testimonial is not a synonym for proof.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:52:08 PM

> Fine - don't call it Irlens Syndrom - call it whatever you like.
>
> For me reading black text on a white background gives me a headache.
> The words and letters appear "blurred".
>
> In the UK it costs a fraction of $500 to get tested.
>
> All I want to do is change the colours on my screen I don't want to get
> into a big discussion about whether ADHD or dylexia and/or Irlens
> Syndrome is real or made up I just want to change the colours on my
> screen.
>
> Just incase I didn't make myself clear -- all I want to do is change
> the colours on my screen.
>
> That's it - that's all I want to do.
>
> Okay Mark?

When posting to multiple groups, you run the risk of stepping one well
established issues.

Do what you like, and I will do the same.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 4:44:57 PM

Mark Probert wrote:
> "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Mark Probert wrote:
>>
>>>"Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> manner

> myself.

> on,

> the

> decreased,

> glasses

> of
>
>>>the

>>>If you carefully read what I said, this time for comprehension, you
>
> would
>
>>>understand my point.
>>
>>Okay, one more time because I wasn't totally on the ball with the last
>>two posts.
>>
>>What I wrote about vision problems and using coloured lenses *was
>>specifically written to make it clear that you don't have to go to Irlen
>>if you think you might have trouble with colours*.
>>
>>The testing I mentioned is absolutely 100% simple to do, and I can send
>>it to anyone who wants it. For free. All they have to do is collect
>>the materials, which (aside from the coloured light bulbs) are everyday
>>items anyone has in their home.
>>
>>So, again... way to read for content.
>

> Can you provide any scientific proof that colored lenses can actually do
> what you claim? Remember, testimonial is not a synonym for proof.

I can provide writing samples from the 10yo boy that I work with, both
before and after we learned of his need for red. That is data. It is
scientific. I can also provide more recent writing samples, done on the
same day - some on white paper and others on red paper.

It's remarkable how much neater the work done on the red paper is.

I will note that I am *not* proposing that coloured lenses or coloured
paper will "cure" autism, ADD, or any other disorder/disability.

I am simply saying that people with visual processing difficulties can
benefit from learning which colour(s) will help them process print better.

-Janna
--
Another random thought from my random brain...
Brought to you by the colour green, the number 7, and the letters J, L,
and H.
http://geocities.com/janna_louise
Guinea pigs have ADD.
"Home is not a place. It is wherever your passion takes you." -
President John Sheridan, Babylon 5 (Objects At Rest, Production #522)
"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an
obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. You really
can change the world if you care enough." - Mary Wright Edelman
Psalm 42:7
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 6:40:40 PM

StovePipe <StovesNewAddy@sympatico.DOTnet> wrote:

> Chris <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
> >
> > I can do in on Win XP: control panel: display -> appearance - "Window
> > Text" can change color (colour -uk) in most applications.
> >
> > (can this be done on a Mac?)
> >
> > Help please.
>
> I would re-post that question to comp.sys.mac.apps ... Most of the Big
> Wigs in the Mac world hang out there.

Are we not Big Wigs in ucsm then? Oh, the shame.

> I have never gone unsatisfied with
> the help I've gotten there.

I've never been satisfied by the levels of rudeness and inconsideration
there.

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 8:50:58 PM

> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Janna Hoskin" <jannana@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > manner

> > myself.

> > on,

> > the

> > decreased,

> > glasses

> > of

> > would

> >>Okay, one more time because I wasn't totally on the ball with the last
> >>two posts.
> >>
> >>What I wrote about vision problems and using coloured lenses *was
> >>specifically written to make it clear that you don't have to go to Irlen
> >>if you think you might have trouble with colours*.
> >>
> >>The testing I mentioned is absolutely 100% simple to do, and I can send
> >>it to anyone who wants it. For free. All they have to do is collect
> >>the materials, which (aside from the coloured light bulbs) are everyday
> >>items anyone has in their home.
> >>
> >>So, again... way to read for content.
> >

> > Can you provide any scientific proof that colored lenses can actually do
> > what you claim? Remember, testimonial is not a synonym for proof.
>
> I can provide writing samples from the 10yo boy that I work with, both
> before and after we learned of his need for red. That is data. It is
> scientific. I can also provide more recent writing samples, done on the
> same day - some on white paper and others on red paper.
>
> It's remarkable how much neater the work done on the red paper is.
>
> I will note that I am *not* proposing that coloured lenses or coloured
> paper will "cure" autism, ADD, or any other disorder/disability.
>
> I am simply saying that people with visual processing difficulties can
> benefit from learning which colour(s) will help them process print better.

Fair enough.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:05:24 PM

zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

> StovePipe <StovesNewAddy@sympatico.DOTnet> wrote:
>
> > Chris <Chris.Holland16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there anyone clever enough to know how to change it on the iPaq?
[...]
> > I would re-post that question to comp.sys.mac.apps ... Most of the Big
> > Wigs in the Mac world hang out there.
>
> Are we not Big Wigs in ucsm then? Oh, the shame.

I was going to reply with something along the lines of 'Go repair
permissions on yo ass, d00d.'

> > I have never gone unsatisfied with
> > the help I've gotten there.
>
> I've never been satisfied by the levels of rudeness and inconsideration
> there.

;-)

--
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
Anonymous

On 20/2/05 7:05 pm, in article 1gsah3a.v3ufjhronwhN%me9@privacy.net, "Bella
Jones" <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> StovePipe <StovesNewAddy@sympatico.DOTnet> wrote:

> [...]
>>> I would re-post that question to comp.sys.mac.apps ... Most of the Big
>>> Wigs in the Mac world hang out there.
>>
>> Are we not Big Wigs in ucsm then? Oh, the shame.
>
> I was going to reply with something along the lines of 'Go repair
> permissions on yo ass, d00d.'

(Tug) That's not a wig!

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:15:23 PM

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com> wrote:

> On 20/2/05 7:05 pm, in article 1gsah3a.v3ufjhronwhN%me9@privacy.net, "Bella
> Jones" <me9@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> > zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

> > [...]
> >>
> >> Are we not Big Wigs in ucsm then? Oh, the shame.
> >
> > I was going to reply with something along the lines of 'Go repair
> > permissions on yo ass, d00d.'
>
> (Tug) That's not a wig!

But yours is real, not a merkin.

--
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:25:25 PM

On 20/2/05 7:15 pm, in article 1gsaqpr.nc3atjxr73r7N%me9@privacy.net, "Bella
Jones" <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com> wrote:
>> (Tug) That's not a wig!
>
> But yours is real, not a merkin.

You said you'd keep that secret!

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:32:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com> wrote:

> On 20/2/05 7:15 pm, in article 1gsaqpr.nc3atjxr73r7N%me9@privacy.net, "Bella
> Jones" <me9@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> > Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com> wrote:
> >> (Tug) That's not a wig!
> >
> > But yours is real, not a merkin.
>
> You said you'd keep that secret!

Aw, we're all friends here. ;-)

However annoying cross-posting is, it's not as annoying as *unsnipped*
cross posting. Mind you, once you've snipped a merkin, it won't grow
back!

--
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:52:09 PM

In article <1gsari7.5osbbw1wntyu5N%me9@privacy.net>, Bella Jones
<me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > On 20/2/05 7:15 pm, in article 1gsaqpr.nc3atjxr73r7N%me9@privacy.net, "Bella
> > Jones" <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> > > But yours is real, not a merkin.
> >
> > You said you'd keep that secret!
>
> Aw, we're all friends here. ;-)
>
> However annoying cross-posting is, it's not as annoying as *unsnipped*
> cross posting. Mind you, once you've snipped a merkin, it won't grow
> back!

*Most* reassuring

--
I thought I would be the last on earth to mung my e-mail address.
fsnospam$elliott$$

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"Mark Probert" <Mark Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:

[over 100 lines of quoted material and just two lines of his own words]

Hey, Mark! Got a few snips for you! Catch!

[snip] [...] 8< [snip] [snip] 8< [...]

Figured you must have run out...

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 2:24:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"zoara" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message

Download a new "NEXT" button as yours must be broken.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:04:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

>>> On the Mac - ctrl-option-command-8
>> On my Pismo (running 10.3.8) that makes the whole display greyscale
>> as well.
> I think you'd need to use something like ShapeShifter (www.unsanity.com)
> to make these sort of changes on OS X.

No. Like I said, System Preferences, Universal Access, click on the
obvious box with the huge type (and it's a speakable item if even that
should be too hard to see). This is with Panther 10.3.8, no need for
third-party stuff. MacOS gives you much more fine-tuned control if you
want it, e.g. putting coloured or textured backgrounds behind the text
in specific windows, they don't all have to be the same.

BTW for other ucsm regulars, Mark Probert seems to be some deranged
far-right soi-disant "skeptic" of the type that would assert global
warming was caused by whale farts if Ralph Nader ever said it wasn't.
He's been on a crusade against all things "alternative" for years.
The crossposting seems to have stirred up the sludge at the bottom
of a pond we didn't know existed. There are quite a lot of vindictive
bullies like that who haunt support newsgroups and attack anyone who
posts out of painfully learned personal experience that conflicts
with the approved doctrines of America's medico-financial power elite.

Checking whether coloured filters make a difference to dyslexia is so
quick and easy to do, with such obvious results when it works, that
only ideology can explain somebody like Probert frantically arguing
you shouldn't even try it. It's like the (folklore story of the)
cardinal not wanting to look through Galileo's telescope at the moons
of Jupiter.

<http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/&gt; for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554 975
February 21, 2005 5:05:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"Mark Probert" <Mark Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:
>"zoara" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>Download a new "NEXT" button as yours must be broken.

You're a bit of a cunt aren't you?

Tim
--
This is not my signature.
Anonymous

zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

>> StovePipe <StovesNewAddy@sympatico.DOTnet> wrote:
>
> > I would re-post that question to comp.sys.mac.apps ... Most of the Big
> > Wigs in the Mac world hang out there.
>
> Are we not Big Wigs in ucsm then? Oh, the shame.
>
>> I have never gone unsatisfied with
>> the help I've gotten there.
>
> I've never been satisfied by the levels of rudeness and inconsideration
> there.
>
> -z-

Ho! Sorry there z.... I didn't mean to be disrespectful at all. Truth
is: I know naught of your group. A few years back I was refered to the
csma for some pre- MacOS X problems I was having.

Yes, some of them can be like that. I thought it was because some are on
long distance dial ups.

If your group has a contingent of pre- OS X users, I'll give it a try
next time.

Cheers
SP

--
Not a real Addy, yet
Anonymous

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Bella Jones <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> > > I would re-post that question to comp.sys.mac.apps ... Most of the Big
> > > Wigs in the Mac world hang out there.
> >
> > Are we not Big Wigs in ucsm then? Oh, the shame.
>
> I was going to reply with something along the lines of 'Go repair
> permissions on yo ass, d00d.'

Again; please see my response to Zoara
Cheers
SP
--
Not a real Addy, yet
Anonymous

Mark Probert wrote:
> "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
> > "Mark Probert" <Mark Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:
> > >"zoara" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > >Download a new "NEXT" button as yours must be broken.
> >
> > You're a bit of a cunt aren't you?
>

>Since I *C*an *U*nderstand *N*ormal *T*hinking, yes.
>
>When a message is crossposted to several groups, intergroup tolerance
>requires that the norms of one group not be foisted on the others.

Anyone into cross-dressing?
Anyone into cross-ADDressing?
( crimes and punn-ishment ... in the NH sense )

RL
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:52:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message
> "Mark Probert" <Mark Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:
> >"zoara" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
> >
> >Download a new "NEXT" button as yours must be broken.
>
> You're a bit of a cunt aren't you?

Since I *C*an *U*nderstand *N*ormal *T*hinking, yes.

When a message is crossposted to several groups, intergroup tolerance
requires that the norms of one group not be foisted on the others.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:34:18 PM

Raving Loonie wrote:
> Mark Probert wrote:
> > "Tim Auton" <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote in message

> > > You're a bit of a cunt aren't you?
> >

> >Since I *C*an *U*nderstand *N*ormal *T*hinking, yes.
> >
> >When a message is crossposted to several groups, intergroup
tolerance
> >requires that the norms of one group not be foisted on the others.
> >

> Anyone into cross-dressing?
> Anyone into cross-ADDressing?
> ( crimes and punn-ishment ... in the NH sense )
>
> RL

----------------------------------

microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac
- New topic posted

Your message will appear in
microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac
momentarily.

Click here to continue <========== !!!!

( crimes and punn-ishment ... in the NH sense )
... in the NG sense

Click! first
... correct typo's later

The problem is:

by the time that one gets to this screen and "whatever" has been become
abundantly evident ....

The Google BETA=99 user is cheerfully told that ... :

>.. Your message will appear in
>microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac
momentarily.

>. Click here to continue

The problem is:

The Google BETA=99 user can't use a "google" based spell checker to
catch bad spelling OR typos.

My appologies

RL

P.S. I still haven't figured out how to do all that ...

Hiding, bluing and sc*****g

My appologies

P.P.S.

"Google BETA"=99 is not the ONLY repository or archiver of usenet NG's

..... "nothing" to appologize for here.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:50:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"Mark Probert" <Mark Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:

> Download a new "NEXT" button as yours must be broken.

Since you mention it, I think the only thing broken here is your brain.
Outbreak of antisocial laziness maybe? Slobbing out?

There is never any excuse for quoting as much and adding as little as
you did.
--
Peter
Anonymous

"Peter Ceresole" <peter@cara.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> There is never any excuse for quoting as much and adding as little as
> you did.

When a message is crossposted to several groups, intergroup tolerance
requires that the norms of one group not be foisted on the others.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 4:03:12 PM

Tim Auton wrote:

>I apologise for calling you a c**t, it was a bit harsh. I did cancel
>the message shortly afterwards, but perhaps it didn't propagate.

Why?

Inscribed on a coffee cup ... complete with a picture of a *meowing*
kitten:

A big cat may 'frighten' you ...
but a little pussy never hurt anyone

( ... my appologies to the ladies )

> >When a message is crossposted to several groups, intergroup
tolerance
> >requires that the norms of one group not be foisted on the others.
>
> Did you not foist excessive quoting on those of us in
uk.comp.sys.mac?

> Proper quoting (enough to give context; no more, no less) is the norm
> in every one of the 100+ groups I've read in over a decade of usenet.
> Everywhere I've been in the land of usenet it's considered both
> impolite and counter-productive not to expend some effort on
> formatting your message to make it easy to read and understand.
>
> As far as I can see you made exactly zero effort to trim what you
> quoted, then failed to take the light-hearted reminder in good
spirit.
> Which really got my goat.
>

> Tim
> --
> This is not my signature.

RL
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 6:04:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.dyslexia,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

"Mark Probert" <Mark Probert@lumbercartel.com> wrote:

> > There is never any excuse for quoting as much and adding as little as
> > you did.
>
> When a message is crossposted to several groups, intergroup tolerance
> requires that the norms of one group not be foisted on the others.

What group has norms that require that huge amounts of *really*
pointless crud be posted? Incompetent groups? Silly groups? Tell me.
--
Peter
!