Craziest Power Supply Activity ... EVAR

EmceeSquared

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Aight, bought the Enermax 1 kW Galaxy and put in new system consisting of E6600, 2 G 6400C4 RAM, (temporary ATI 1950), Audigy 2, on Asus P5W Deluxe all in a CM stacker 830, onboard LAN. Everything is at stock config.

As an aside, the 1 kW beast doesn't fit in the bay - I had to remove top exhaust fan and bend back the aluminum cliips that held it.

Now for the mystery:
The PSU has a buzzer and light that beeps according to any problem with the power/system. Since I installed it a few days ago, it beeps indicating a PSU fan problem ONLY when I am in the select server screen in BF 2142. When I am on my desktop with any application there is no prob. When I am actually IN GAME there is no beeping. It is ONLY when I'm browsing for online servers using the in-game finder!!! Note: there is no system instability and both fans are running fine throughout all of this. Also of note, when it starts beeping if I barely touch the rear exhaust fan so as to change the rpms just a bit the alarm stops then restarts after a moment 8O

It's freaking weird and annoying. Any PSU uber-geniuses have a clue??? I searched google and there was 1 guy who had sim. prob and it apparently just resolved after a few weeks, no reply from Enermax(?).

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Its obviously a virus. You probably have the clap. Hehe.

Sorry....I would call thier tech support and if they cannot give you a fix I would swap it out. I personally would never "live with" anything like that, as it may be just an indicator of more serious problems in the future.

EmceeSquared

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Ya, enermax got back to me via the online support option which I am happy about. They are going to swap it out for me (including shipping) which is nice, but have no idea what the problem is other than a faulty Alarm sensor. Strange, I kinda wanted to troubleshoot it (of course having no useful knowledge of PSU circuitry).

Hopefully this thread will be available for others who have this problem. Just go to enermax.com and open a ticket. Thanks.

ps. "the clap" is a bacterial infection, not a virus = P

TRENDING THREADS