ABIT IN9 32X-MAX or ASUS ROG Striker or P5N32-E SLI?

Dertman

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
My initial impression is that the Striker Edition is 1) overpriced; 2) unavailable and 3) most importantly - has a lot of bells and whistles that I don't really care about. Presuming that is true, I am looking for a meaningful comparison of the other 2 boards. Also, what are the likely release dates of the 3?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
My initial impression is that the Striker Edition is 1) overpriced; 2) unavailable and 3) most importantly - has a lot of bells and whistles that I don't really care about.
:trophy:
I dont know if the BIOS and potential of the two Asus boards is the same, if it is, then the 'ROG' Striker will be out of the game.
The Abit will have Digital VRM (as RD600 :D ) so that always ensures excellent vdroop.
Without the actual boards in the market we cant make accurate statements. Maybe later this month well find out.

Bosaka

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I heard the Abit board wont ship till the start of 07, newegg already has the P5N32 board on its site but its out of stock so maybe its coming up soon. As far as I have seen the eVGA nvidia reference board kicks enough ass on its own there is no reason to wait so long unless your waiting on the C2D Q6600

G

Was about to make the same comment, I think it's VR-Zone, said January 2007 for the Abit.

Coolaler from XS already got both cards, I must say that the ROG does look cool, if it was ~300 I might get it for the little blue led on the mobo :lol:

p5n32 is available from other retailer, Had good experience with XPCGear 30$ cheaper then newegg too!

G

Both card being Abit and the ROG.

Abit thread

No bios shot, can't tell. abit apparently claims bios of 650+, and they're holding it to tweak the bios...all rumors

G

Both of us are actually right!

I emailed abit about the 200 boards on ebay, here is the reply.

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry regarding our excellent IN9 32X-MAX motherboard. The link on the bottom was a mistake and has been removed in order to avoid confusion with a promotion that is only going on in another country for abit. For the U.S., the IN9 32X-MAX will not be available for purchase till January 2007. Be sure to tame the beast then when it comes out!

Regards,

Vince Wang

Creative Marketing Coordinator

Universal abit USA Corporation

Homepage: http://www.abit-usa.com/

Forums: http://forum.abit-usa.com/

Sucks, but it does make it a bit easier to choose for my mid December built!

TRENDING THREADS