Ipaq H2210 & Bluetooth Smart Keyboard Install Problem

February 20, 2005 4:25:17 AM

Hello,

I have a h2210 with a ROM update of 1.10. I have also installed a h2200
driver update build 58. No matter what I try I can't connect again my new
BT "Smart Keyboard" with the Ipaq. This is the link
http://www.brando.com.hk/shop/btsmartkeyboard.php. I say connect again
because initially, after some amount of fiddling once I did manage to
connect briefly. But no success after that. I have tried all the drivers
here and have also tried the HP bluetooth driver but to no avail. Should I
be trying a hard reset ?

Any suggestion would help !

Thanks

Aps
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 6:25:56 PM

Just make backup and try hard reset. It's not such big problem.
If it still will not work just make restore.
"Aps gandhi" <accura@vsnl.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a h2210 with a ROM update of 1.10. I have also installed a h2200
> driver update build 58. No matter what I try I can't connect again my new
> BT "Smart Keyboard" with the Ipaq. This is the link
> http://www.brando.com.hk/shop/btsmartkeyboard.php. I say connect again
> because initially, after some amount of fiddling once I did manage to
> connect briefly. But no success after that. I have tried all the drivers
> here and have also tried the HP bluetooth driver but to no avail. Should I
> be trying a hard reset ?
>
> Any suggestion would help !
>
> Thanks
>
> Aps

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:45:33 PM

At this point, yea. If you have corrupted your BT stack by installing BT
drivers from HP that have nothing to do with the Brando keyboard, a hard
reset is about the only way you are going to straighten everything back out.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Aps gandhi" <accura@vsnl.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a h2210 with a ROM update of 1.10. I have also installed a h2200
> driver update build 58. No matter what I try I can't connect again my new
> BT "Smart Keyboard" with the Ipaq. This is the link
> http://www.brando.com.hk/shop/btsmartkeyboard.php. I say connect again
> because initially, after some amount of fiddling once I did manage to
> connect briefly. But no success after that. I have tried all the drivers
> here and have also tried the HP bluetooth driver but to no avail. Should I
> be trying a hard reset ?
>
> Any suggestion would help !
>
> Thanks
>
> Aps

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:58:24 AM

Guys,

I did a hard reset as suggested. Dowloaded all the BT patches and updates.
Activesynched to the device. Downloaded the latest "Smart Keyboard" BT
driver 1.4 ( I got driver 1.2 on the CD). thinking the latest driver would
definitely work. All the drivers and pdf instructions are here
http://www.brando.com.hk/shop/btsmartkeyboard.php. Even managed to pair the
device. But I can't type. The problem is that both the sets of drivers come
with slightly different sets of instructions. To compound the problem,the
instructions for driver ver. 1.4 actually depict & show instructions for ver
1.3 ! What do I do now ???

- Aps

!