Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe NO POST (2 in a row??)

Last response: in Overclocking
November 10, 2006 7:08:37 PM

I have an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe board with the following components:

AMD X2 3800+ (AM2 Socket)
Corsair XMS2 2Gb Dual Kit @ DDR2-800
eVGA Geforce 7600GT
HIPER HPU-4S580-MS ATX12V 580W Power Supply

For two days, I have been troubleshooting a NO POST situation. I get no video and no beeps which is strange. I have exchanged the processor and bought a stick of Kingston Value Ram (512 DDR2-533) for testing purposes. I also picked up a different generic PSU for testing purposes.

After testing out board 1 with these components, I bought a new identical board, tested with original and test components and still no post, no video no beeps. Very strange. All fans power up, and LED on board lights up.

I am wondering if I am missing something obvious here (this is the first AM2 system I have built, though I've been building boxes since Socket7).

Is it possible to get 2 bad boards, especially from ASUS?

Many thanks,

Rick
a b V Motherboard
a c 205 K Overclocking
November 10, 2006 10:28:59 PM

Quote:
Is it possible to get 2 bad boards, especially from ASUS?

I would say, YES ! ! !
November 10, 2006 11:02:39 PM

with 4ryan6,s response and his past with asus it is possable.
Related resources
November 10, 2006 11:03:48 PM

hey ryan how did your rma go with asus?

any luck?
November 10, 2006 11:15:56 PM

Well, its official. I'm an idiot. I remember thinking to myself, "hmm, I wonder what that 4 socket plug is for"? Not the one next to the 20 pin, but the one located near the CPU socket. Then it dawned on me that I might need that as it is labeled PCI. Plugged it in and viola! I guess this (and a little humility) is the price I pay for waiting so long to tinker with the new ware (my last upgrade was on Socket A).

Can someone educate me on what this 4 pin plug powers? Is it simply for the PCI-E lanes?

Thanks,

Rick
a b V Motherboard
a c 205 K Overclocking
November 10, 2006 11:21:38 PM

Quote:
hey ryan how did your rma go with asus?

any luck?

Believe it or not I finally talked to a human being today at ASUS and got a case # and they're emailing me RMA instructions, this is after 5 unanswered RMA requests that started 10/20/06.

Right now if ASUS had the ultimate baddest M/B on the planet, I wouldn't buy it. :lol: 
a b V Motherboard
a c 205 K Overclocking
November 10, 2006 11:26:31 PM

Quote:
Can someone educate me on what this 4 pin plug powers?

Probably CPU
a b V Motherboard
a c 205 K Overclocking
November 11, 2006 12:04:59 PM

Quote:
Well, its official. I'm an idiot.

Computers can make us all idiots at times!

Don't sweat it :) 

Quote:
I remember thinking to myself, "hmm, I wonder what that 4 socket plug is for"?

Your M/B manual should tell you exactly why it needs the 4pin connected, mine has to do with the CPU socket.
!