Scanner Glass

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 15, 2005 2:12:14 AM

Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.

Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner

thanks
earl

More about : scanner glass

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 2:12:15 AM

I use windex and a soft cloth on mine.
Gord

"Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
> Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
> flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
>
> Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
>
> thanks
> earl

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 2:12:15 AM

"Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
> Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
> flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
>
> Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
>
> thanks
> earl

Here's an example of how HP recommend it should be done with one of their
models. The main thing is to use a soft cloth (rather than paper towels) and
appropriate glass cleaner. Note the links on the page which refer to
cleaning the underside as well (if this is needed). Note that you may need
to copy and paste the full URL due to word wrapping in OE - I don't know how
it will come out.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us...

Paul
May 15, 2005 2:12:15 AM

"Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
> Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
> flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
>
> Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
>
> thanks
> earl

My new Canon 8400F recommends:
When cleaning the equipment, use a water-moistened cloth that is well wrung
out. Do not use flammable liquids, such as alcohol, benzene or thinners. If
a flammable liquid enters the inner electrical parts, fire or electrical
shock may result.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

a soft cloth avoids scratching the glass. The best cleanser is
actually is a solution of vinegar and water. The vinegar/water
evaporates rapidly and, since there is no detergent there is no
streaking.

On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:20:14 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com>
wrote:

>"Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
>> Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
>> flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
>>
>> Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
>>
>> thanks
>> earl
>>

>My new Canon 8400F recommends:
>When cleaning the equipment, use a water-moistened cloth that is well wrung
>out. Do not use flammable liquids, such as alcohol, benzene or thinners. If
>a flammable liquid enters the inner electrical parts, fire or electrical
>shock may result.
>
>--
>CSM1
>http://www.carlmcmillan.com
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 6:13:06 AM

Hello,

On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:40:23 -0400, James Easter
<jamie9700@ameritech.net> wrote:

>a soft cloth avoids scratching the glass. The best cleanser is
>actually is a solution of vinegar and water. The vinegar/water
>evaporates rapidly and, since there is no detergent there is no
>streaking.

Would this be also the right procedure for cleaning the screen of a
crt?

Max M.

!