Scanner Glass

Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.

Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner

thanks
earl
5 answers Last reply
More about scanner glass

    I use windex and a soft cloth on mine.
    Gord

    "Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
    > Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
    > flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
    >
    > Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
    >
    > thanks
    > earl

    "Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
    > Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
    > flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
    >
    > Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
    >
    > thanks
    > earl

    Here's an example of how HP recommend it should be done with one of their
    models. The main thing is to use a soft cloth (rather than paper towels) and
    appropriate glass cleaner. Note the links on the page which refer to
    cleaning the underside as well (if this is needed). Note that you may need
    to copy and paste the full URL due to word wrapping in OE - I don't know how
    it will come out.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bps02788&product=58381&dlc=en&lang=en

    Paul
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    "Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
    > Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
    > flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
    >
    > Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
    >
    > thanks
    > earl

    My new Canon 8400F recommends:
    When cleaning the equipment, use a water-moistened cloth that is well wrung
    out. Do not use flammable liquids, such as alcohol, benzene or thinners. If
    a flammable liquid enters the inner electrical parts, fire or electrical
    shock may result.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    a soft cloth avoids scratching the glass. The best cleanser is
    actually is a solution of vinegar and water. The vinegar/water
    evaporates rapidly and, since there is no detergent there is no
    streaking.

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:20:14 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Earl" <earlh@idx.com.au> wrote in message news:4285eb1f$1@news1...
    >> Does anyone have any advice for the best way to clean my scanner glass (
    >> flatbed ) to clear it of smudge marks etc.
    >>
    >> Have heard that if you don't do it the right way it can ruin the scanner
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> earl
    >>

    >My new Canon 8400F recommends:
    >When cleaning the equipment, use a water-moistened cloth that is well wrung
    >out. Do not use flammable liquids, such as alcohol, benzene or thinners. If
    >a flammable liquid enters the inner electrical parts, fire or electrical
    >shock may result.
    >
    >--
    >CSM1
    >http://www.carlmcmillan.com
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Hello,

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:40:23 -0400, James Easter
    <jamie9700@ameritech.net> wrote:

    >a soft cloth avoids scratching the glass. The best cleanser is
    >actually is a solution of vinegar and water. The vinegar/water
    >evaporates rapidly and, since there is no detergent there is no
    >streaking.

    Would this be also the right procedure for cleaning the screen of a
    crt?

    Max M.

Scanners Peripherals