Setting up password for router

When setting up a password for my router there is a box to tick saying
'remember password' when I tick this, the next time I log on to the router
it hasn't remembered it.

Do I need to maske some further settings?
2 answers Last reply
More about setting password router

    What brand router? Depending on the brand you may have to click
    on an Apply or Save Settings button before you leave the Password
    page.

    If that isn't the problem, I'd suggest checking the
    manufacturer's web site to see if there is any info on their
    support pages regarding saving passwords.

    Nepatsfan
    "Trevor Appleton" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:uyNUtEs5EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > When setting up a password for my router there is a box to tick
    > saying 'remember password' when I tick this, the next time I
    > log on to the router it hasn't remembered it.
    >
    > Do I need to maske some further settings?

    "Trevor Appleton" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > When setting up a password for my router there is a box to tick saying
    > 'remember password' when I tick this, the next time I log on to the
    > router it hasn't remembered it.
    >
    > Do I need to maske some further settings?

    Maybe the option is for IE and not an option within the router itself.
    If so, the router might not allow caching of the password (i.e., it uses
    a popup dialog window instead of using a form on a web page). You never
    bothered to mention WHAT router you use (brand and model) so no one
    familiar with it could help you. Could be you need to reset the router
    back to its defaults (i.e., its stored table of options is corrupt).
    Could be there is an option that you need to enable within the router to
    have it remember the password. Could be their web form always requires
    full credentials each time you login. Could be you need a firmware
    update to the router to fix a defect regarding password caching.

Routers Microsoft Windows XP