Water-cooling Kit? Or individual parts?

Aramane

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I've built a few computers, all which have been air cooled. For my next build (Around Feb next year) I'm thinking about water cooling my rig.

Now, I've seen kits for 250$ or so that includes all you need to do the job. But here is my question, is it better to get a kit or individual parts?

I'm alloting myself around 2500-3000$ for my computer next year. So if money wasn't an issue JUST for a water cooling system, what should i get?

Mondoman

Splendid
Why do you want water cooling? Are you prone to any "whoops, forgot to secure the tube end" moments? How much money do you want to spend? Are you handy with project building?

Aramane

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Well, first off I would like water cooling for the performance. Secondly, i want to spend less than 400$ if possible. Considering how much $ i will be putting into this system there is no way I would miss a step.

Considering how advanced Air cooling has become is water cooling even worth it anymore?

The system I plan on building is a C2D setup with a 8800GTX. eVGA 680i SLI motherboard. Now, would I be better off just buying a NZXT Zero case and a Typhoon over watercooling?

I figured I'd go all out with this system, and water cooling always seemed like a cool thing to have, it performs well, and it looks awesome.

*edit

Found this thread with suggested parts. http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=176597