ownz0re

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Hi guys i need instant help cause im the only one on the lan that can't player. We are sitting on a 10/100 mb/s switch. The internet cable is in the uplink port and all other user(including me) are on 10 mb/s ports. The problem is that my connection is ultra-duper slow and webpages barely work, games lag like ****. The other users can tranfser with ssft with very high speed while mine doesnt even work (after 190 kbs of the file it stops). Pls help soon because we dont have much time left.

P.S
On the properties of the connection it sais : The connection uses the following objects:

Client for microsoft networks
Fle and printer sharing for microsoft networks
QoS packet scheduler
NWLink NetBIOS
NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS compatible transport protocol
Internet protocol (TCP/IP)

We have used the same materials for years (cables/switch).

Pls make it as simple as possible because we dont know much about these kind of things.

Thx in advance

sturm

Splendid
How many people are on the lan?
How many ports on the router.
The internet connection should go into the wan port on the router. The uplink port is to connect another piece of equipment like a switch or a hub.
Are the nics only 10mbs or what. You all should be running at 100 mbs full duplex.

ownz0re

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
How many people are on the lan?
How many ports on the router.
The internet connection should go into the wan port on the router. The uplink port is to connect another piece of equipment like a switch or a hub.
Are the nics only 10mbs or what. You all should be running at 100 mbs full duplex.

We are 4 ppl, (its a switch, 16 usual ports and 3 uplink ports, dont got any wan). The nics are 100. Some nics might be 1000, think mine is. We arent sure and the comps arent showing it.

sturm

Splendid
Whats the setup for the internet? Are you running cable internet/DSL internet? Any routers?
If your running the cable from the modem directly to the switch and then to the computers, your problem is that only one computer can get an IP unless the modem is setup by the ISP to hand out more than 1 IP address.
Copy and paste in the tcp/ip settings on each computer. Open up a command prompt and type ipconfig /all
Get back with the total network setup.