95 version of windows - popup windows too large to see scr..

How do I resize the popup windows to be able to see whats in them. I'm
working on the old 95 windows version. When I try to go into properties to
resize the screen the popup window is so huge I only get the top portion and
it won't let me scroll down the screen to be able to reduce the size. The
screen and fonts are so big I can't get past it to try and reduce them. Any
suggestions?

You do realize this is an XP newsgroup and there Windows 95 newsgroups?

In any event, try increasing the screen resolution. Open Display in Control
Panel, go to the Settings tab and move the slider to the right to increase
resolution. If you can't move it to the right, that is a driver issue and
you would need to install the latest drivers for whatever graphics card is
on the system. You would need to download those from the card
manufacturer's website.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

tootallpam wrote:
> How do I resize the popup windows to be able to see whats in them.
> I'm working on the old 95 windows version. When I try to go into
> properties to resize the screen the popup window is so huge I only
> get the top portion and it won't let me scroll down the screen to be
> able to reduce the size. The screen and fonts are so big I can't get
> past it to try and reduce them. Any suggestions?

Then would you care to enlighten me (and everyone else) why the bleedin'
hell you're posting in a Windows XP group?!
on salads.

> tootallpam wrote:
> > How do I resize the popup windows to be able to see whats in them.
> > I'm working on the old 95 windows version. When I try to go into
> > properties to resize the screen the popup window is so huge I only
> > get the top portion and it won't let me scroll down the screen to be
> > able to reduce the size. The screen and fonts are so big I can't get
> > past it to try and reduce them. Any suggestions?
>

> Then would you care to enlighten me (and everyone else) why the bleedin'
> hell you're posting in a Windows XP group?!
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

Miss P,

It's Christmas - be pleasant :)

Please be nice even if it wasn't aproaching Christmas!

The same problem can just as easily happen in Windows XP. The display
properties dialog is essentially identical.

On Windows XP the resolution slider has the focus as soon as I click the
"Display" tab on the desktop properties dialog. Thus the slider changes
position with the right and left arrow keys. I would be able to apply
the new setting by pressing the Enter key. If that didn't increase my
screen resolution I would be looking for a video accelerator driver to
install.