x1900xt video in on the s-video

prodaytrader

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I know this seems strange but I accidently found a way to get video in on my x1900xt video card. It's not an all in wonder version and to the best of my knowledge it doesnt have any sort of tuner on the card but for some reason it is capable of displaying images from my DVR. Now I need to figure out a better way to do it.

I was watching tv today and was watching a slick slow on owls of all things. I decided to record a part of it with some neat images of owls. I want to print those. Thats my goal is to print the 1080i images on my DVR. So I thought I would hook up an old tv tuner card I had. I was able to get it working and was able to recieve images through the s-video in. It looks like shit or at least looks low res since I believe its capped at 480 on the card. So I tried something else. I plugged the s-video cable into my x1900xt and used the 4 way extension device that came with it. I recalled that one side had an arrow pointing out and there was another cable that was pointing in. When I first saw that 4 months ago I thought it was strange but didnt pay it much attention. Today, I used that connection. The tuner card software was wintv2000. I was unable to get that program to see the ATI card. However there was another program that came with the tuner card called AMCAP. Under options and then video input I was able to select my x1900xt and low and behold, I had video from my DVR. Unfortunatly it looks like crap too. At this point I am wondering what the resolution might be and whether there is another program I can use that might work better then the one I am useing now. Its a pretty low tech program to say the least. I think its designed to capture camcorder images or something like that.

Any thoughts?

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I found this out by using the Pinnacle editing software that came with my Movie Box DV (firewire) that my X1900XT card has the capablity to use S-Video in for recording. Far as setting the capture resolution it really depends on the software to make use of the captuire drivers for the card. I was able to capture movies from my PVR with good results.

I later built a HTPC running Beyond TV 4.4 and Hauappage PVR-350 card so I no longer have the need to capture shows from Dish Network's PVR.

Try getting the latest WinTV 2000 software from Hauappage webite.

Darkk