Noob question on connecting multiple case fans

I am moving my current setup (Asrock 939dual sata) to a new HTPC case (Silverstone Lascala LC03 with VFD). My mobo has 1 chasis fan 3 pin connector which worked great in my old Anyec Sonata (one 12 CM fan). My new case has 2 80mm fans, both with standard 3 pin connectors. I also moved over the Antec True Power 380 PSU from the Sonata.

How do i connect my second case fan? I don't see where to connect it on the mobo and I don't see any connectors on the PSU cables. I searched on Newegg, but couldn't find an adaptor for the psu plugs.

Any suggestions? Much thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about noob question connecting multiple case fans
  1. did you look over your mobo manual to see where is the system fan plugs are??

If there are absolutely none, buy a fan controller

OR

buy THIS fan, it comes with the connector that plugs straight into the PSU.
  2. Quote:
    I am moving my current setup (Asrock 939dual sata) to a new HTPC case (Silverstone Lascala LC03 with VFD). My mobo has 1 chasis fan 3 pin connector which worked great in my old Anyec Sonata (one 12 CM fan). My new case has 2 80mm fans, both with standard 3 pin connectors. I also moved over the Antec True Power 380 PSU from the Sonata.

How do i connect my second case fan? I don't see where to connect it on the mobo and I don't see any connectors on the PSU cables. I searched on Newegg, but couldn't find an adaptor for the psu plugs.

Any suggestions? Much thanks.

You should be able to get a splitter or adapter at CompUSA I think.
  3. thanks everyone. I got a 3 pin to 4 pin molex connector and a 3 pin y adapter from compusa. 2 rear fans are connected to molex (using y adapter) and front fan is connected to mobo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cases Fan Systems Product