Sign in with
Your question

Noob question on connecting multiple case fans

Last response: in Systems
November 11, 2006 5:35:15 PM

I am moving my current setup (Asrock 939dual sata) to a new HTPC case (Silverstone Lascala LC03 with VFD). My mobo has 1 chasis fan 3 pin connector which worked great in my old Anyec Sonata (one 12 CM fan). My new case has 2 80mm fans, both with standard 3 pin connectors. I also moved over the Antec True Power 380 PSU from the Sonata.

How do i connect my second case fan? I don't see where to connect it on the mobo and I don't see any connectors on the PSU cables. I searched on Newegg, but couldn't find an adaptor for the psu plugs.

Any suggestions? Much thanks.
November 11, 2006 7:56:35 PM

did you look over your mobo manual to see where is the system fan plugs are??

If there are absolutely none, buy a fan controller

OR

buy THIS fan, it comes with the connector that plugs straight into the PSU.
November 11, 2006 11:20:21 PM

Quote:
I am moving my current setup (Asrock 939dual sata) to a new HTPC case (Silverstone Lascala LC03 with VFD). My mobo has 1 chasis fan 3 pin connector which worked great in my old Anyec Sonata (one 12 CM fan). My new case has 2 80mm fans, both with standard 3 pin connectors. I also moved over the Antec True Power 380 PSU from the Sonata.

How do i connect my second case fan? I don't see where to connect it on the mobo and I don't see any connectors on the PSU cables. I searched on Newegg, but couldn't find an adaptor for the psu plugs.

Any suggestions? Much thanks.

You should be able to get a splitter or adapter at CompUSA I think.
November 12, 2006 12:01:35 AM

thanks everyone. I got a 3 pin to 4 pin molex connector and a 3 pin y adapter from compusa. 2 rear fans are connected to molex (using y adapter) and front fan is connected to mobo.
!