dietmar1982

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
as the title says, I'm looking for at cheap low noise CPU which has enough power to run my new system, (se below).

E6400 CPU
2*1 GB Kingston value Ram 667 MHz
Gigabyte DS3 Mobo
X1950 PRO or 7900 GTO
max 2* sata
DVD Writer

hope you have some ideas

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Cheap and very quiet at lower speeds:
AC Freezer 7 Pro

If you give a rough budget that helps. Scythe has many great coolers and if you are willing to spend ~$40 you open your options up considerably.

For price/performance I don't think there is anything better than the Freezer 7 Pro though, I love mine.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Use the online "PSU Calculator"
There are a couple if you type it in on a search engine like Google.

Then add 50-100w to be safe and to allow for future upgrades, like a better video card.

Now find one with a 12cm (120mm) fan (or a rarer 14cm fan) and do some reviews on it. Most 120mm fan PSU's are quiet. The cheapest reliable ones might be Antec, a company which many people love. I like Enermax Liberty PSU's. Some people vote against modular cables, others for them. Thermaltake has some new PSU's out and they seem to be cost efficient too. A lot of people like Seasonic as well, which I believe is a British? brand. There are several other good brands too, some of which might be cheaper and several which are more costly. Good luck. Check pricegrabber.com or maybe froogle. I recommend buying new at any rate.