Which Epson for scanning B&W prints?

I need to scan 60 high quality 8x10 B&W prints - and the client is willing
to buy a decent scanner for me to do the job (it'll be my payment).

We do Not need a transparency adapter.

Which current Epson model has:
1. a very good D-Max
2. a good optical resolution
3. good scanning software included
4. USB connection

thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about which epson scanning prints

    > I need to scan 60 high quality 8x10 B&W prints - and the client is willing
    > to buy a decent scanner for me to do the job (it'll be my payment).
    >
    > We do Not need a transparency adapter.
    >
    > Which current Epson model has:
    > 1. a very good D-Max
    > 2. a good optical resolution
    > 3. good scanning software included
    > 4. USB connection
    >
    > thank you

    Although B&W they have 'tone' so the scans will be RGB

    frankg wrote:

    > I need to scan 60 high quality 8x10 B&W prints - and the client is
    > willing to buy a decent scanner for me to do the job (it'll be my
    > payment).
    >
    > We do Not need a transparency adapter.
    >
    > Which current Epson model has:
    > 1. a very good D-Max
    > 2. a good optical resolution
    > 3. good scanning software included
    > 4. USB connection

    The Epson Perfection 4990 Photo would be able to scan 8x10 B&W prints.
    It's stated D-Max is quite high, but I don't know how well it actually
    measures in practice. It has a stated optical resolution of 4800 dpi,
    although 600 dpi or 1200 dpi might prove adequate for your purposes
    when scanning an 8x10 print. Even 600 dpi will produce quite large
    files. The 4990 also comes with software that can help with the
    restoration of prints (e.g. scratch removal). It was reviewed recently
    at www.photo-i.co.uk.

    --
    Witold
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    It is not clear why the client cannot supply the original negative or
    digital file.

    The next step down on the Epson food chain, the 4180, would save
    considerable $$ and should yield equivalent scans.

Scanners Epson Peripherals