Tom's hardware e6600 benchmark result

Last response: in CPUs
November 11, 2006 5:43:01 PM

I recently had a new pc built with the following specs:

CPU: E6600
mobo: asus p5n32-sli se deluxe
ram: ocz gold xtc pc2-6400 2gb ddr2-800
graphic card: evga e-geforce 7900 gs ko

I checked benchmark for transcoding a 9gb dvd to a 5gb dvd against my own pc at Tom's hardware. Although, the specs aren't identical, I am not getting anywhere near the speed reported. Tom's Hardware reports 8:18 but it takes around 14 mins to do the same task with the same program (clonedvd2) on mine. Is there something wrong with my pc?

Also, I ran CPU-Z on my pc and the ram frequency reported was 400 mhz, whereas the actual frequency should be 800. Why the discrepancy?

I'm not too technically savvy, so if someone could enlighten me on the above mysteries, I'd be grateful. Thanks.
November 11, 2006 5:44:22 PM

Quote:
I recently had a new pc built with the following specs:

CPU: E6600
mobo: asus p5n32-sli se deluxe
ram: ocz gold xtc pc2-6400 2gb ddr2-800
graphic card: evga e-geforce 7900 gs ko

I checked benchmark for transcoding a 9gb dvd to a 5gb dvd against my own pc at Tom's hardware. Although, the specs aren't identical, I am not getting anywhere near the speed reported. Tom's Hardware reports 8:18 but it takes around 14 mins to do the same task with the same program (clonedvd2) on mine. Is there something wrong with my pc?

Also, I ran CPU-Z on my pc and the ram frequency reported was 400 mhz, whereas the actual frequency should be 800. Why the discrepancy?

I'm not too technically savvy, so if someone could enlighten me on the above mysteries, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

They use RAID'd HDD's.
November 11, 2006 9:38:13 PM

Thanks all for your insights. I feel reassured that there's nothing wrong with my pc.
I am using clonedvd 2.9 in fact. I still have to check my cpu usage while ripping a movie to verify if the program is multithreaded.
!