Beeeeep, Beep, Beep...Then no.

F22reject

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I've recently RMA'd my Mobo and VGU and the replacements just came in. I picked up a new Graphics card, 7600 GT to go with my DS3/Core2 e6300. I've slapped everything together only to find the PC will start but give me the error beeps for a graphics display problem. One long beep then two short ones. My monitor supports the DVI to go with the card and i've mixed and matched the cables, reseated the card, and unplugged and tried again. Any idea as to what i can do to get this problem fixed?
Thanks guys.

Oh also! The card dosn't have a connection for a power plug, is it there or am i blind?! I swear i don't see it like my last 850xt.

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Is the video card in the Pci-E slot closest to your CPU? I had the same problem, I seated it in the 2nd Pci-E slot. Now it's fixed.

F22reject

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I agree with you =) but i'm not trying to run SLI. I have an SLI card that i'm trying to run as a normal 1PCI-E. Should i RMA it and get a regular card that does not have SLI?

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Please list system specs.
And no, you can't run SLI with a single PCI-E slot.
Recheck your graphics interface and BIOS settings.

F22reject

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Mobo- Giga DS3
GPU - 7600 GT SLI
CPU - E6300
Mem- 1G DDR2, think it was 6400

My PC hasn't posted yet. It will start but give the error beeps letting me know something up with the display. Monitor says no signal and what not.

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Have you had this problem from the start or did it just rear it's ugly head one day...?
Are you sure their are no stand-offs screwed into the mounting plate that could be shorting the mobo...?
Have tried default BIOS settings...?
Have you had your license suspended or revoked in the past 5 years...?

F22reject

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
1.I just restarted building my PC. First MOBO and VGU i had to RMA.
2. No screws shorting anything to my knowledge.. Which is limited being my first build.
3. Havn't been able to get the PC to POST so no Bios yet =(
4. Yes, had my license suspended for exceeding 100mph in the carpool lane.

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Damnit Driver, did you have one of those mannequins strapped in so it looked like you had a passenger...?

I'm very tired now and can't think clearly now, we will ponder this more tomorrow F-22

Mondoman

Splendid
What brand and model number power supply are you using? Perhaps it isn't supplying enough +12V power for your CPU and video card?
Try rearranging the RAM (e.g. just one stick installed, etc)
BTW, why did you have to RMA your previous MB & video?

Mondoman

Splendid
Seems to me as though the problem both times could be the PS. You're running a reasonably high-power CPU and video card with only 18A of +12V. Your rebooting experience w/the previous setup seemed to happen right when higher power draw would be activated on the video card.
I'd try removing your video card and running a very cheap, low-power video card, or trying a better PS (something like 18A on each of +12V1 and +12V2).

F22reject

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Great Mondo =) I'll see if i can't get another PSU. Unfortunatly i only have the VGU so i'm outa luck there for the time being.