Bluetooth Problems

For some reason every once in a while when i start my computer up, my microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse are not working. I'll have to hook up a normal mouse and go into the bluetooth settings to re-add them. Now sometimes they'll be on the list still and i'll have to re-add them then they work, and sometimes they wont be on the list and i'll have to re-add them, what do you think is goin on here?
7 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth problems
  1. Quote:
    For some reason every once in a while when i start my computer up, my microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse are not working. I'll have to hook up a normal mouse and go into the bluetooth settings to re-add them. Now sometimes they'll be on the list still and i'll have to re-add them then they work, and sometimes they wont be on the list and i'll have to re-add them, what do you think is goin on here?

Did you check for driver updates?
  2. Quote:

Did you check for driver updates?

Where do I do this?
  3. Well I searched microsofts download page and there were no drivers there.
  4. Quote:
    Are there any other blue tooth items near by?

Cell phone maybe, but its bluetooth isnt turned on.
  5. Firmware updates for the dongle?
  6. What model is the keyboard and your motherboard? Which version of Windows and do you have all of it's updates? SP2? are you using a USB hub?
  7. Quote:
    What model is the keyboard and your motherboard? Which version of Windows and do you have all of it's updates? SP2? are you using a USB hub?

Wireless optical desktop for bluetooth keyboard, wireless intellimouse explorer for bluetooth. The mobo is a gigabyte 965p-ds3. I have windows xp professional, sp2, with every update. Not using a usb hub, plugged straight into the mobos usb connections.
Ask a new question

Read More

Mice Computer Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboards Components