Sign in with
Your question

Stupid Ubisoft!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 11, 2006 9:01:51 PM

Arrgghh! Played the demo today and anti-aliasing is not supported. I thought it was the graphics card or the demo, came to find out the retail version is also the same thing. They have a patch for it but people were saying that it didn't fixed the problem. So still the game don't support Anti-aliasing and can crash when Anisotropic filtration is crank up to 8x. Shitty game and demo. I'm not buying it until they fixed this major terrible problem.

Way to go fuck!ng up a good game Ubisoft. Damn Canadians can't make the fourth game straight. What a total let down.

Don't buy the game! Try the demo first and you'll find out why.

More about : stupid ubisoft

a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2006 9:05:32 PM

Quote:
Arrgghh! Played the demo today and anti-aliasing is not supported. I thought it was the graphics card or the demo, came to find out the retail version is also the same thing. They have a patch for it but people were saying that it didn't fixed the problem. So still the game don't support Anti-aliasing and can crash when Anisotropic filtration is crank up to 8x. Shitty game and demo. I'm not buying it until they fixed this major terrible problem.

Way to go ****!ng up a good game Ubisoft. Damn Canadians can't make the fourth game straight. What a total let down.

Don't buy the game! Try the demo first and you'll find out why.

That's a huge rant and you didn't even give us the name of the demo you played. :lol: 
November 11, 2006 9:11:30 PM

:oops:  :lol:  Sorry, I guess I was very disappointed today when I played the demo. It's the Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent pc version demo. I downloaded the demo from fileshack.com, took me 50 minutes to get the demo and it only took me 5 seconds to get pissed off when it played really crappy.

Well, it didn't play in the first try since I got the graphics card setting to 4xAA and max everything. Only to find out the game doesn't support AA, what's up with that? Also it doesn't fully support Anisotropic filtration.

So if you play this game then you should have the AA disabled and AF to no more that 4x. The framerates of this game is horrible, reminds me of GRAW.
Related resources
November 11, 2006 9:56:25 PM

whoo, how did you even survive such a trial ?

You must have been playing in vga to have such a problem not having AA or 256x AF..

or maybe a real shitty display..

perhaps no life, at all..
November 11, 2006 11:05:39 PM

Sucks, but I don't remember a Splinter cell game that did support AA.
November 11, 2006 11:39:07 PM

Quote:
whoo, how did you even survive such a trial ?

You must have been playing in vga to have such a problem not having AA or 256x AF..

or maybe a real shitty display..

perhaps no life, at all..

I don't man, maybe your Belgian version of that game is doing okay. Not here , in fact I'm using 7800GTX SLi and the demo is not working with the AA and AF at all. I'll pick up the game once I will hear they have fix the issue.
November 11, 2006 11:46:52 PM

I have read from forums in Gamespot.com and such that the retail version is still having some issues with AA and AF. There's a patch for it, but as they say it never solved the issue. Some are using 7800GTX like mine and 7900GT, X1800 and other well capable graphics card. Unless this is a graphics card driver issue. I'm tempted to buy the retail maybe this week but until I'm sure the retail would have no issue at all then I'm going for it. I even read some forums in one of Ubisoft's forum sites and still some are saying they're having some issue and that it's buggy.
November 12, 2006 12:25:51 AM

At a really high resolution, you won't see much of a difference at all. Im mad because I waited for an hour and a half, and the download cancelled because my internet connection stops when the comp goes to standby.
November 12, 2006 12:54:13 AM

It really sucks to be you, doesn't it?

You moany whiney little girl.
November 12, 2006 2:48:09 AM

Please don't blame the canadians. If you're to blame somebody, blame the chinese because the game was made by Shanghai Ubisoft. You can tell by the style in which it plays. The first and third was made by the montreal team and those were more well polished games. This games multiplayer blows. Terrible frame rates and coding. Spys are left to just running around without weapons...Ummm yeah. Why'd they take out the electric guns from the 2nd and 3rd installments? Overall, I knew the game was going to be a let down, but I must support the series. If you want to see how the canadians do it, have you played R6 vegas for the 360? I'm a pc person, but no demo for the pc currently. The game is unbelievably amazing. Montreal FTW!
November 12, 2006 4:42:32 AM

It's kind of disappointing, with the fourth game launch you would have think it's would be so smooth in gameplay. Don't get me wrong, Splinter Cell series have been very good and with Double Agent. I'm not sure which Ubisoft are making this game, all I know is the Montreal team. Oh, well I'll guess I'll have to pass this game then. This game reminds me of GRAW, really nice visuals and gameplay but have a very annoying issue.

I still got some several games on my waiting list. Stalker, Huxley and Crysis and I just hope they won't go the same way as Double Agent. For now, I'm still enjoying FEAR in single player.
November 14, 2006 1:47:30 AM

From Ubisoft to Noobisoft. Still waiting for a patch, so that I can finally buy this game or I'll buy one for my 360. :|
November 14, 2006 4:15:26 PM

Firstly, UbiSoft is French. Secondly, you can't say Canadians are bad developers, and I'll tell you why.

In a word: BioWare.
November 14, 2006 4:32:42 PM

Now you guys are confusing me I though Ubisoft is an American developer, check the website it's a Montreal base, now some said it's China and now it's the French. How many Ubisoft or developers who made this game? I think they made this sequel in like 2 weeks and totally forgot about the anti-aliasing feature. Duh!

I played the first two levels on my friend's pc, the gameplay is good but it's really annoying not to use the AA, the quality of the picture is not good with the AA.

:|
November 14, 2006 4:36:31 PM

... you don't know much about gaming, do you?
November 14, 2006 4:51:11 PM

Quote:
Isn't Ubisoft only the distributor?

I belive the game was developed by someone else, I dunno.

Good point :D 
November 14, 2006 4:59:26 PM

I'm a member of the THG forumz, so these facts bounce off me and I am unscathed... ;) 
November 14, 2006 5:06:03 PM

I just hope this won't be the same with my upcoming games like STALKER, Hellgate: London, Huxley and Crysis.
November 14, 2006 5:39:13 PM

I know, I'm just saying they won't mess up and forgot something like Ubisoft did with Double Agent. How can they miss the anti-aliasing feature?
November 14, 2006 5:49:34 PM

:lol:  Yeah maybe so, maybe Ubisoft didn't pay it's employees enough or they're just disgruntled worker. Starcraft Ghost, is that game still on development or was abandoned? I was waiting on that game since like 2000 and now 6 years later? :| I just stopped looking up for that game.
November 14, 2006 6:03:28 PM

Wow, Haze looks pretty cool. Thanks for the link.
November 14, 2006 6:19:28 PM

HAZE-Ubisoft. I'm scared. What are they going to mess up this time? Reminds me of GRAW that I highly anticipated but got discourage when the reviews and the demo hit up. HAZE looks good so far and I hope it would come out without any hitch. :|
November 14, 2006 6:32:07 PM

Oh okay. Cool. Then I will get that game on my waiting list then.
November 14, 2006 7:04:11 PM

wtf is wrong with you the game runs just fine. i have a amd 4600+x2 w/2gb ram w/ evga 7900 gto, and it runs flawlessly great picture great framerates upwards of 85+ so looks to me like your comp just sucks. sorry for your loss :lol: 
November 14, 2006 7:06:36 PM

Wow, that was nice... :roll:
November 14, 2006 7:42:01 PM

Yeah... reading this thread I have no clue why people are being such jerks to Chuck. Why can't we all just get along??? :D 
November 14, 2006 7:42:12 PM

Like I said using my system and my friends system, Double Agent runs fine. Except that it's doesn't utilizes the anti-aliasing feature. It doesn't and even with the patch it still didn't solve the problem. Check other forums and reviews and you'll see the game does not use the AA feature.

Sure it runs fine other than that. :roll: I have an SLi and I'm disappointed I can't use the 8x AA or 16x SLi AA to play the game.

My rig is 7800GTX SLi using the 93.71 forceware. I even switch to the older 84.21 forceware and still my rig and my friends rig cannot the game with AA enabled.

Are you able to run AA at all?
November 14, 2006 8:07:23 PM

Quote:
wtf is wrong with you the game runs just fine. i have a amd 4600+x2 w/2gb ram w/ evga 7900 gto, and it runs flawlessly great picture great framerates upwards of 85+ so looks to me like your comp just sucks. sorry for your loss :lol: 

I'm not offended, but I'll prove you wrong it's not a hardware problem.

Here's some pics: That's with 2xQ AA enable on my 7800GTX. Enabling the AA on the game menu will cause the game to shutdown.

November 14, 2006 8:20:52 PM

Something about that SS looks horribly wrong man. Are you sure you're not experiencing some other kind of issue? The way that block of water went in front of his arm just looks awful.
November 14, 2006 8:26:08 PM

And here's the pic with the AA disabled. As you can see it runs fine with all the settings to maximum, with the exception of the anti-aliasing.

Here's the comparison:

AA Disable and Everything at highest setting.

AA (anti-aliasing) at 2xQ and everything at highest setting. Notice the water is bleeding and that double image.

Notice the difference? As I have said, I've check other forums about this and some are having the same problem with the AA enabled and not to mention some online bugs.
November 14, 2006 8:31:01 PM

Yeah, that thing is bad with the AA enabled. Disabling the AA allows me to play the game at highest settings, but still with no AA it's not as good of a quality. Hopefully Ubisoft can fix this issue and make my rig able to run this game at highest settings with 8x AA on. That would be a lot better.
November 14, 2006 8:50:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that thing is bad with the AA enabled. Disabling the AA allows me to play the game at highest settings, but still with no AA it's not as good of a quality. Hopefully Ubisoft can fix this issue and make my rig able to run this game at highest settings with 8x AA on. That would be a lot better.

Wasn't it Ubisoft that had the DRM-like software that disabled your DVD/CD burners?
November 14, 2006 11:51:47 PM

My system:

Gigabyte GA-8N SLi Royal
Pentium D 840 oc to 3.8Ghz
2 x BFG Tech 7800GTX SLi oc 500/1400 using Ntune and Forceware 93.71
4 x 512Mb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 533 @ 400Mhz

Nvidia control panel screenshot:
November 14, 2006 11:53:24 PM

Never heard something about that issue with Ubisoft and DVD/CD burners, but I won't be surprise.
November 15, 2006 1:39:10 AM

No I don't have the game anymore, I borrowed it from a friend. I'm going to buy it from him when he's done with it and since he doesn't play online with.
November 15, 2006 2:15:12 AM

I'll check on that, at the mean time I'll surfing for some fix on the problematic version. I've read some forums that they are changing some values in the game's registry. I might try on that one when I can borrow the game again this weekend. I like the game really well, I've played the first two levels. I'll see what I can do this weekend. Thanks.
November 15, 2006 2:50:30 AM

Quote:
Now you guys are confusing me I though Ubisoft is an American developer, check the website it's a Montreal base, now some said it's China and now it's the French. How many Ubisoft or developers who made this game? I think they made this sequel in like 2 weeks and totally forgot about the anti-aliasing feature. Duh!

I played the first two levels on my friend's pc, the gameplay is good but it's really annoying not to use the AA, the quality of the picture is not good with the AA.

:|

Ok just to clarify some confusion. Ubisoft is a french developer, but they have 2 studios, one in Montreal and the other in Shanghai China. China released Pandora Tomorrow, and within a month or two, they announced Chaos Theory. I'm in game development and theres no way 1 studio can develop 2 games and announce them back to back within the same year. You can just get a feel for the way the game flows in the first one and chaos theory. Pandora Tomorrow feels exactly the same as Double agent, but with Montreals graphics engine. Are we clear?
November 15, 2006 2:58:41 AM

Thanks for the info.
November 15, 2006 7:00:49 AM

well i think AA is highly overrated it barely does anything and for the substantial fps drop you will recieve it is just not worth it. you will never notice aa in normal gameplay. i noticed one time it made a telephone pole slightly less jagged in bf2 but for a 40 fps drop who cares. i would say that you should honestly forget about aa im very sure someone will disagree with me but i would very much so like someone to sho wme the benefits of aa that i fail to see.
November 15, 2006 7:58:44 AM

Well in BF2 I turn on AA to 8x but since it's online, the frame rate will not be as smooth as playing single player mode. So I just cranked up the AA on that. I can play the Double Agent fine with no AA, I have played the first two levels and I turned on the HDR, AF to 8x and other high setting at 1280x1024. I know the AA impact so much on performance but with my SLi it never fails to go below my desired frame rates. So far the most demanding task for my graphics card is Oblivion, cranking up max at 1280x1024 res soon I notice a major drop in performance especially the outside environment. But with Double Agent, I would like to play it with at least 2xQ AA for balance performance and quality. But this weekend I'm going to play the game, regardless of the issue. Oh, well I'll have to stop looking at the wires and fences so I won't notice the jaggedness. I know some are successful in playing the game with the AA enabled and I want to know what's their graphics card's setting and game setting.

Again my system specs:

Gigabyte GA-8N SLi Royal
Pentium D 840 3.840Ghz
4 x 512Mb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 533 @ 400mhz
2 x BFG Tech 7800GTX 500/1400 (93.71 Forceware)
SB X-Fi Extreme Music
November 15, 2006 6:23:44 PM

Quote:
well i think AA is highly overrated it barely does anything and for the substantial fps drop you will recieve it is just not worth it. you will never notice aa in normal gameplay. i noticed one time it made a telephone pole slightly less jagged in bf2 but for a 40 fps drop who cares. i would say that you should honestly forget about aa im very sure someone will disagree with me but i would very much so like someone to sho wme the benefits of aa that i fail to see.

Are you joking? :roll:
November 15, 2006 6:36:11 PM

Yes, I agree. He needs to own up and shut up.
November 16, 2006 3:50:25 AM

Okay got it running fine now.

Fresh install and then patched. Switch to the 91.31 forceware. Set the AA to application controlled and then changed the AA 4X in the game menu. Enabling the AA on the nvidia panel with cause the error and I can only go 4X on the game , but I'm content with it.

Screenshot: (Shanghai Hotel) 4xAA,1280x1024, highest settings.

It would be nicer to take screenshot with SLi16xAA. Performance it a okay and playable.
November 16, 2006 3:58:22 AM

Online is still crappy and sometimes I get logged out or game freezes. But not a biggie since I'm all for the single player mode. Saving and overwriting does not work either. I have to make a new save otherwise will lose it. Everything seems fine now with the minor problems, but I'm just going over and over with the levels and just knocking out opponents out.
November 16, 2006 8:01:56 AM

"nag nag nag nag nag nag"

you know a simple "hay guys splinter cell demo and retail doesnt suport aa and af, it sucks lawl" would have made you look smarter...

go play something else, tons of games out there, it sounds like you just wanna bash on that company
November 16, 2006 8:29:22 AM

Hey, Ryan what's up?! Glad to hear from you again.
November 17, 2006 1:27:25 AM

yeah i know wtf AA does okay i said it took the jaggedness out of a telephone poll in bf2 you dolt. AA smothes out th eimage i know that but what im saying is is that its really unnoticeable, or at least it is to my eyes. ive played quake 4 and taken a screenshot with aa off and then taken one with aa maxed and i cant tell the difference except maybe one pipe looks slightly better but nothing graphicaly amazing. yeah of course i knwo what aa is i never said i didnt i said i dont see the point of it. you guys confirmed what i said and thats that it smoothes out the image, but the fact is in high action games like double agent, bf2, and quake 4 you will never notice a faint amoutn of jaggedness in a telephone poll 20 miles away. im just saying aa is not very practical. pretty sure someone needs to show me clear benefits of AA using a table showing me the hit in performance is worth the small graphical improvement you will gain. and ya im not apologizign cause you guys cant read. let the flaming begin.
November 17, 2006 2:49:12 AM

I can disable the AA on the levels that are dark since I could see much of the jaggedness anyways. With my monitor, the texture is crisps but the bad part the jaggedy lines are very visible as well. Now enabling the AA does not impact much on the game since it maxes out of only 4x. Very mild stress for my SLI setup which is a good thing. At day levels I turned it on and since I don't move around that much the performance is very smooth, except some occasional hiccups during gameplay.

After all the trial and error, I finally got the right driver, which is the 91.31 and only that driver will work. The other drivers works but not with the AA enabled. But I'm happy since all my games can run the 91.31 fine. Hope there 's another better patch for the game soon.

No need for apologies, I'm not offended by what you said. Of course you have the right to express yourself as I have the right to criticized this game and it's developers. There all said and done, I'm able to play the single player mode but I'm fine with the online issues since I don't like it anyways.
November 17, 2006 2:58:13 AM

I've been disappointed with a few games from Ubisoft too. I've sworn to never buy one of the things again. Very buggy, patches don't work or address the things that really needed to be patched. Last one I played for a while and then gave up on it.
November 17, 2006 6:45:26 AM

whatever makes your ego fly man wahtever it takes. i just told you in that post about how i tested and didnt see anything are you goign to tell me my noobish eyes deceive me know :roll:
!