HP ScanJet 6300c "cannot find required Library"

Forgive me if this matter had been posted to this NG before.
My HP ScanJet 6300c gives me an error info that
it "cannot find required Library", when I scan text and
am trying to edit it in the MS Word ( Office XP).

However, the same scanner runs well text editing
application when used with Omipage 12 application.

Any hint on this matter will be appreciated.

Regards -

JDR
6 answers Last reply
More about scanjet 6300c cannot find required library

    "JD_R" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message news:3hj35cFhenfbU1@individual.net...
    > Forgive me if this matter had been posted to this NG before.
    > My HP ScanJet 6300c gives me an error info that
    > it "cannot find required Library", when I scan text and
    > am trying to edit it in the MS Word ( Office XP).
    >
    > However, the same scanner runs well text editing
    > application when used with Omipage 12 application.
    >
    > Any hint on this matter will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards -
    >
    > JDR

    The difference is actual OCRed TEXT and an image of text.

    Omnipage 12 creates actual text files from images. Which MS word can then
    open those text files.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > "JD_R" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message
    >> Forgive me if this matter had been posted to this NG before.
    >> My HP ScanJet 6300c gives me an error info that
    >> it "cannot find required Library", when I scan text and
    >> am trying to edit it in the MS Word ( Office XP).
    >>
    >> However, the same scanner runs well text editing
    >> application when used with Omipage 12 application.
    >>
    >> Any hint on this matter will be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Regards -
    >>
    >> JDR
    >>
    > The difference is actual OCRed TEXT and an image of text.
    >
    > Omnipage 12 creates actual text files from images. Which MS word can then
    > open those text files.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --

    Yes, indeed. But why can't I scan directly to MW Word,
    getting this very kind message:
    "Sorry, cannot find required Library, please reinstall
    application." Which application? HP PrecisionScan?
    or MS Word? I've tried to reinstall both and is still
    gives me this info:
    Sorry, cannot find required Library, please reinstall
    application." .
    I am still looking for a fix.

    Jdr
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    "JDR" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message news:3hklg9FhfuonU1@individual.net...

    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >> "JD_R" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message
    >>> Forgive me if this matter had been posted to this NG before.
    >>> My HP ScanJet 6300c gives me an error info that
    >>> it "cannot find required Library", when I scan text and
    >>> am trying to edit it in the MS Word ( Office XP).
    >>>
    >>> However, the same scanner runs well text editing
    >>> application when used with Omipage 12 application.
    >>>
    >>> Any hint on this matter will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Regards -
    >>>
    >>> JDR
    >>>
    >> The difference is actual OCRed TEXT and an image of text.
    >>
    >> Omnipage 12 creates actual text files from images. Which MS word can then
    >> open those text files.
    >>
    >> --
    >> CSM1
    >> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >> --
    >
    > Yes, indeed. But why can't I scan directly to MW Word,
    > getting this very kind message:
    > "Sorry, cannot find required Library, please reinstall
    > application." Which application? HP PrecisionScan?
    > or MS Word? I've tried to reinstall both and is still
    > gives me this info:
    > Sorry, cannot find required Library, please reinstall
    > application." .
    > I am still looking for a fix.
    >
    > Jdr

    Because MS Word does not have a OCR engine.
    OmniPage 12 is the Application. That may be the application Word wants
    reinstalled.

    MS Word is supposed to have on the File menu a Acquire Text(OmniPage Pro
    12.0)... and a Acquire Text Settings(OmniPage Pro 12.0)... menu item. In MS
    Word you may have to click the double down arrows at the bottom of menu to
    see all of the menu.

    Those are only present if OmniPage is installed with the option for MS Word.
    So reinstall OmniPage. I recommend un-installing Omnipage first, then
    reboot, Install OmniPage.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    "JD_R" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message news:3hj35cFhenfbU1@individual.net...
    > Forgive me if this matter had been posted to this NG before.
    > My HP ScanJet 6300c gives me an error info that
    > it "cannot find required Library", when I scan text and
    > am trying to edit it in the MS Word ( Office XP).
    >
    > However, the same scanner runs well text editing
    > application when used with Omipage 12 application.
    >
    > Any hint on this matter will be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards -
    >
    > JDR

    JDR:

    I don't think I can help, but I can reassure you that you're not alone.

    We had the same problem at work when we changed from Windows 2000 to XP a
    couple of months ago.

    We got this error using the latest version of the HP software, which we
    downloaded from their website.

    Our IT department were unable to fix it, so they installed a standalone OCR
    application, Readiris.

    I don't use it myself, but the typists, who do, said it was easier to use
    than the HP software.

    I'm sorry I can't be more helpfull, but if Omnipage works, then why not use
    that?

    Mark Harrington
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Thank you Mark, that explains all and makes my
    case with HP even stronger. Someone made a blunder
    either MS or HP and the don't provide the "fix" for
    the error.

    JDR

    "Mark Harrington" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "JD_R" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message
    >> Forgive me if this matter had been posted to this NG before.
    >> My HP ScanJet 6300c gives me an error info that
    >> it "cannot find required Library", when I scan text and
    >> am trying to edit it in the MS Word ( Office XP).
    >>
    >> However, the same scanner runs well text editing
    >> application when used with Omipage 12 application.
    >>
    >> Any hint on this matter will be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Regards -
    >>
    >> JDR
    >>

    > JDR:
    >
    > I don't think I can help, but I can reassure you that you're not alone.
    >
    > We had the same problem at work when we changed from Windows 2000 to XP a
    > couple of months ago.
    >
    > We got this error using the latest version of the HP software, which we
    > downloaded from their website.
    >
    > Our IT department were unable to fix it, so they installed a standalone
    > OCR
    > application, Readiris.
    >
    > I don't use it myself, but the typists, who do, said it was easier to use
    > than the HP software.
    >
    > I'm sorry I can't be more helpfull, but if Omnipage works, then why not
    > use
    > that?
    >

    > Mark Harrington

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    > "JDR" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message news:3hklg9FhfuonU1@individual.net...
    >>
    >> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "JD_R" <jdr@msn.net> wrote in message

    >>> The difference is actual OCRed TEXT and an image of text.
    >>>
    >>> Omnipage 12 creates actual text files from images. Which MS word can
    >>> then open those text files.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> CSM1
    >>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >>> --
    >>
    >> Yes, indeed. But why can't I scan directly to MW Word,
    >> getting this very kind message:
    >> "Sorry, cannot find required Library, please reinstall
    >> application." Which application? HP PrecisionScan?
    >> or MS Word? I've tried to reinstall both and is still
    >> gives me this info:
    >> Sorry, cannot find required Library, please reinstall
    >> application." .
    >> I am still looking for a fix.
    >>
    >> Jdr
    >>
    > Because MS Word does not have a OCR engine.
    > OmniPage 12 is the Application. That may be the application Word wants
    > reinstalled.
    >
    > MS Word is supposed to have on the File menu a Acquire Text(OmniPage Pro
    > 12.0)... and a Acquire Text Settings(OmniPage Pro 12.0)... menu item. In
    > MS Word you may have to click the double down arrows at the bottom of menu
    > to see all of the menu.
    >
    > Those are only present if OmniPage is installed with the option for MS
    > Word.
    > So reinstall OmniPage. I recommend un-installing Omnipage first, then
    > reboot, Install OmniPage.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --

    The reason I installed the Omni Page , because for weeks, I cannot
    use my canner in a normal way using HP PrecisionScan Pro
    dedicated application.

    Mark has explained this matter. I'll call to HP soon and see
    what this time they'll say.

    Jdr

Scanners Microsoft Word Hewlett Packard Peripherals