AMD's Never Settle Radeon Gaming Bundle is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminatuz

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
^ Me too.. :p
coz it might be something like Bugatti Veyron at the price of a Ford Mustang.. (Real Power I mean) here that could lower down the sales of these cards... I suggest wait till the 8xxx series are released, then decide which one to go for.. more power.. or more games.. ;)

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I hope the 89xx can match up with Nvidia's new generation. Those specs previewed are scary, and to think it could have been the current generation but they decided to hold back for some reason... I really would love a 200% performance in comparison to the current generation.

I literally exclaimed "WTF" in surprise when I saw this.
Damn, AMD are laying down some serious deals with their cards. Nvidia and AMD are looking to full on slug it out next gen, can only be good for us :D.
Seriously considering Crossfire'ing my 7870 rather than get an 8970 now... Bioshock Infinite is veeery tempting.

They must really be trying to get rid of leftover 7000 series stock for the coming 8000's. Heard that was the main reason why its not out yet.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]I smell 89xx series coming[/citation]

Doubt it's coming Q1 or Q2, otherwise we would have hear serious rumbles by now.

If your expecting 8000 series I wouldn't hold my breath until Summer.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]Doubt it's coming Q1 or Q2, otherwise we would have hear serious rumbles by now.If your expecting 8000 series I wouldn't hold my breath until Summer.[/citation]

There are some 8000s coming relatively soon, but mostly re-brands of 7xxx cards. The real 8000s wont be later in the year.

[citation][nom]manofchalk[/nom]I literally exclaimed "WTF" in surprise when I saw this.Damn, AMD are laying down some serious deals with their cards. Nvidia and AMD are looking to full on slug it out next gen, can only be good for us .Seriously considering Crossfire'ing my 7870 rather than get an 8970 now... Bioshock Infinite is veeery tempting.They must really be trying to get rid of leftover 7000 series stock for the coming 8000's. Heard that was the main reason why its not out yet.[/citation]

I have two 6850 in CF and it's amazing. I never knew about micro-stutering until I saw a topic here. With a 120Hz HD tv, you don't notice anything. I believe it is more a joke to scare people than anything else.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I am running 2 x 4870's..... when to upgrade?...... I want the GPU's to be 4k ready so I don't have to upgrade for a while again......

[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]I have two 6850 in CF and it's amazing. I never knew about micro-stutering until I saw a topic here. With a 120Hz HD tv, you don't notice anything. I believe it is more a joke to scare people than anything else.[/citation]

Oh, its most certainly real and can be a huge problem. However, it doesn't get seen by everyone and there are many situations that can affect its severity, so it's not always a problem anyway. Radeon 6800 is known to be one of the worst current card series about it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be an issue for you. I've heard of other people with huge issues with 6870s or 6850s and I've heard of other people that don't have issues.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
ordered a 7950 a week ago, these 2 games bundled with it now.

I could realistically return that unit and then just re-order it, but i'm going to contact newegg and see if there's anything they can do first.

bitch move, I know, but these are 2 games I actually want (to an extent)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If AMD think their new cards are the best, why bundle it with a value pack. This points toward that AMD is expecting some really heavy competition from Nvidia and judging from the previews of the leaked engineering samples it would seem their right. Only time will tell how genuine those previews are but if their true it will be a real gamers dream!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
for some reason Ive been many times more excited for this next gen than the last few. I see AMD just going all out with the hype. Dont really know what nvidias doing to hype the 7 series, but AMD is definitely marketing it right(strange thing to see from them XD).

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
Regardless of how bleak things may or may not look for this or that line of GPU's , AMD will definitely be winning this next gen of consoles. ALL THREE next gen consoles use some form of AMD GPU. so even if Nvidia beats them on PC vid card sales . AMD will be doing awsomeing overall. I can't believe nvidia is a no show in the console ring this gen. maybe the steam box is using nvidia ??? not too likely though , given how amd has worked with valve extensively even as far as offering GPU updates through steam. while nividia has made no motions to woo steam to their side.

if any thing i'd say the future would look dark for nvidia, if it wasn't for their efforts in tablet cpu/gpu's.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
oh for teh record i'm plannign my next rig on amd cpu and nivida gpu (can get a gf 660 for 215 while the comparible 7870 lowest price is 230). so not a fanboy either way , i just go for what looks like the best bang for buck at the given time. but i'm really wanting the new tombraider game .. so i might consider going 7870 now. will have to wait till the end of march (when i get money for a rig ) and see where things are then.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]for some reason Ive been many times more excited for this next gen than the last few. I see AMD just going all out with the hype. Dont really know what nvidias doing to hype the 7 series, but AMD is definitely marketing it right(strange thing to see from them XD).[/citation]

Thus far my 7950 (stock clocks) runs all but the most grueling/badly optimized games at max settings with very acceptable frame rates (Sleeping Dogs runs completely maxed with only noticeable frame drop during cutscenes.)

G

Personally when i buy a new graphics card, i want it bundle with games, cause that is how i been accustom to for the past five years, and how i got attracted to on upgrading my system... and how i came by to Toms Hardware for reviews. But i miss the days in which it came with a DVD instead of a code because i don't have fast internet, nor it will be in my area for the foreseeable future (damn you congress and your lousy oversight!).

[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]If AMD think their new cards are the best, why bundle it with a value pack. This points toward that AMD is expecting some really heavy competition from Nvidia and judging from the previews of the leaked engineering samples it would seem their right. Only time will tell how genuine those previews are but if their true it will be a real gamers dream![/citation]

Even if AMD's cards are the best, their sales are still generally lower than Nvidia for various reasons and AMD has more to make up for in other market's poor profits than Nvidia does, so AMD often needs more incentive than Nvidia for a given level of economic success.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I love the combo. We need next series to take advantage of BF3. I love bF3 :)

Please AMD make a light gun for BF3. I can't stand the mouse and surround screens 5k x1080p. You search and shoot.
:). Let the power of the desktop out. :)

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
The other thing is i want AMD to encourage mods like Fanless designs.

The desktops have alot more room in them. The case should be a heat shink to get rid of heat rather then the pesky fans.

Come on AMD push it in your specification guidelines for motherboards. Lets get the modding out to make the desktop achieve its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.