Budget<1500 Goal>4ghz cpu=6600 Help me Build My PC!

akajoshx1

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I'm trying to build the Best Computer 1500 dollars can buy!

I already chose the E6600 for My CPU. FPO/BATCH #: L629B359

For CPU Cooler I bought the Legendary Tuniq Tower 120

For The Case I bought Antec Nine Hundred Strictly for cooling
For pictures http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129021

For the Mobo I am still contemplating on the 2 Asus board the p5w or the p5b. Or im going to wait for the the DFI RD600 AKA DFI LANPARTY UT ICFX3200 T2R/G. <- release date this month (nov)

I pretty much set My mind on the PSU (OCZ gamexstream 700w) <~ but im still flexible. please feel free to list you opinions.

For memory I might go with the supertalent 2gb (2x1gb) ddr2 pc2 6400 timing at 4-4-3-8 or the slightly looser timing the ocz platinum revision ddr2 pc6400 cas-4. Suggestions on this too. I'm very flexible on this memory issue.

I have No Idea what to get for the Video card. Please provide me with suggestion with each of the following scenarios

p5w
p5b
RD600 (DFI LANPARTY UT ICFX3200 T2R/G)

Rwaritsdario and couple of other pros help me come with this decision but Now I need support fom others as well to get a wider audience looking into my computer building to finish up building my perfect Computer!
All you pros out there please bombard me with your suggestions! Pretend this Comp is yours and what you would do if you were in my shoes!
Thanks~

akajoshx1

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
still cant wait for the rd600. werent they suppose to have it out by now??? what is taking dfi so long jeez... I have all the components sitting here except my motherboard. it drives me crazy to see these babies without a home :cry:

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I would order a lapping kit from easyPCkits.com and get busy to kill some time...
My biggest concern right now is that ATI will pull a G80/C55XE... If so, we wont have the 'worhty' mobos until Jan if Abit's release date stays still...

akajoshx1

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I would love to get the beast but its too long to wait. I'm thinking ill just go ahead and buy the p5b like you suggested... but then again ill bite my tongue and kill myself when i find out the mobo i waited for came out.

wiz83

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Lapping Kits are great ... but I could get those sandpapers and glass sheets bought for way cheaper if bought individually ... I sandpapered my old Duron's stock HSF a while ago, and temp dropped 3C, which was pretty good, as the whole kit cost me for around $5.

Another motherboard to recommend would be the ROG Striker ... :p

I'm waiting for all these motherboard to come out, and look at what's being achieved, and would buy the better mobo, and then build my system to replace the C2D that I sold ... :p

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
as the whole kit cost me for around $5.
Thats what a kit costs you at easyPCkits.com shipped, they may no include the whole sheets but they include every grit you might need.

Another motherboard to recommend would be the ROG Striker ...
With the Abit IN9 32X-MAX price at under $200 theres no place for the Striker in the Scalable $/performance scale.

akajoshx1

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
what is a good powersupply unit for cases that have the psu on the bottom??? Obviously the length should be longer than average. I also want to neatly arrange my powersupply cords because the antec nine hundred has a plexiglass side panel to see through.

Easypckits doesnt do a good job explaining procedures to lap your heatsink in my opinion. Do you know of any postings where this is done in a step by step tutorial?

akajoshx1

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
dario does the xclio modular psu power lines think and unmanageable? obviously the 24pin will be thick but im talking about the other cords. can you neatly arrange this in a way that you can help airflow and the looks at the same time? Just want to know your personal experience regarding this powersupply