Is there a problem with installing the same version of XP ..

I have a system that is shared between 3 different people, in order to avoid
confusion wit was built useing removable drive bays, what i would like to
know is if i buy 1 oem version of xp will there be any problems with mutiple
installs. I heard that there would be problems with this during the
dev4elopment talk for xp but i have not heard anything else about it since.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem installing version

    You need to purchase a new copy of Windows XP
    for each hard drive you plan on installing it on.
    One (1) Windows XP license entitles you to one (1) installation
    on one (1) hard drive.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "WSP222REM" wrote:

    | I have a system that is shared between 3 different people, in order to avoid
    | confusion wit was built useing removable drive bays, what i would like to
    | know is if i buy 1 oem version of xp will there be any problems with mutiple
    | installs. I heard that there would be problems with this during the
    | dev4elopment talk for xp but i have not heard anything else about it since.

    It is a legal issue. According to the End User License Agreement, for all
    versions of Windows, that we must acknowledge and accept (press F8) during
    setup, we are only allowed one installation of the operating system per
    system. By installing to multiple drives, even on the same system, you are
    installing more that once and therefore in violation of the EULA. The only
    exception that I know of has to do with troubleshooting or attempting to
    repair your system in which case one can do a "parallel install" and then
    use the new install to attempt to retrieve data or fix the broken system.

    If you are asking if it will be possible to do multiple installs the answer
    is yes. But keep in mind that agreeing to the EULA when you know it is wrong
    is both unethical and illegal.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "WSP222REM" <WSP222REM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I have a system that is shared between 3 different people, in order to
    avoid
    | confusion wit was built useing removable drive bays, what i would like to
    | know is if i buy 1 oem version of xp will there be any problems with
    mutiple
    | installs. I heard that there would be problems with this during the
    | dev4elopment talk for xp but i have not heard anything else about it
    since.

Microsoft Windows XP