Outlook problem

Jstlookn

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Hello,Running Win 7. Purchased Msft home/office & installed. Conflict with Outlook. Can I remove, then reinstall office w/o loading outlook? Thanks

Solution
Agree with area51 there shouldn't be a problem. However if you do want to delete it regardless you don't have to delete everything to get rid of outlook.

If you just want to delete outlook go to start, controle panel, unistall programs, right click office 2010 and select change. Add remove features, select outlook, feature not available (little x).

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Agree with area51 there shouldn't be a problem. However if you do want to delete it regardless you don't have to delete everything to get rid of outlook.

If you just want to delete outlook go to start, controle panel, unistall programs, right click office 2010 and select change. Add remove features, select outlook, feature not available (little x).

Solution

Jstlookn

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011

I had this version of Office on my previous (Win 7) computer and had nothing but trouble with it.
Just purchased newer Win 7, then downloaded Outlook. Mail hangs up, won't send, screen goes into
safe mode etc., so I removed it last night.

Now I can't open any of my word docs...I'd like to keep Msft word but don't want to install Outlook, if that's possible.